Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 212 Comments sorted by
  • This is where I swim sometimes. It's absolute paradise! It's a 130 foot deep spring. The water stays 72 degrees Fahrenheit year round- it's a piece of Eden. (iPhone pics)

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Is that part of the aquifer system PG?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Woweeee! Reminds me of a place we went swimming in Cuba. I use the term "swimming" loosely in my case as I can't ...beautiful though.
  • Skinny dip ??
  • Is that part of the aquifer system PG?

It is UT, part of the vast underwater cave system. People actually scuba and go on cave dives here. There's a paleo-Indian shell mound close by and mastodon and saber tooth tiger fossils apparently can be found in the spring. I've looked, but no luck yet.

@Kat I guess you could always tube Kat. It's so inviting when you walk close by it. The Spring itself is like an aquamarine jewel you can't help but wear.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • @PG
    I saw a program once where divers went into the aquifers with SCUBA gear on and went along the system for miles, popping up every now and again as the system had an open section like this spring in your photo.
    Kudos to them, it must be really dangerous and not the place you want to suddenly be short of reserve air 8-X
  • pG....yes, I've been tempted on holiday before. But pulled out at the last minute. Frightened of having a panic attack. But Catherine is an adept qualified scooby diver. When we went to Cuba we took this amazing trip to a small island and I stayed on the beach surrounded by crabs and iguanas while she went diving. I'll post some pics later. Obviously, that wasn't my local...but it's the place I go back to in my dreams.
  • KatRobin said:

pG....yes, I've been tempted on holiday before. But pulled out at the last minute.

I thought one advantage of your relationship was that you didn't need to this? :x
  • @KR Talking of which, I thought we were having a 'special' event this year? It's all gone quiet. I've been thinking of my speech and everything !!
  • Mrs T's got a hat in mind !
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2015-04-04 07:14:50
  • Lol..bless you UT. Catherine is struggling with a ridiculous workload in her first year of teaching so everything is on hold. She hasn't even unpacked since we bought the house! She's also turned stressy psycho-bunny :D ( she would agree...I think)... So the do is on the back-burner. I'm still giving you time to contact A and W for the do anyway!!
    As for the hat...how sweet. is it a mouldering skull?!!!
  • Spent the afternoon collecting plants to make desert medicine. Communion with local flora and exposure to the sun did me a world of good.

Wooly Desert Marigold (Baileya pleniradiata)

Creosote Bush (Larrea tridentata), aka Chaparral, Jediondilla

Ocotillo (Fouquieria splendens)

Post edited by iuventus at 2015-04-06 21:31:13
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Do you live in Mexico Iuventus?
  • No.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • He is not Manolito from the High Chaparral ! Probably before your time, but he does come from somewhere associated with that program if my previous posts are right.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!