Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The Gallery. Your art for our consumption.
  • 393 Comments sorted by
  • Stranger said:

Nice! Surreal almost!

It's my first attempt at moon photography.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:30:28
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Stranger said:

I like how low it is. Like it's another planet that looks like ours.

It'd be perfect if it was centered.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:15:36
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Stranger said:

Life is imperfection.

True.

Yesterday, I had my first attempt at panning. Have you done it before?
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:33:00
  • I would like an opinion of your professional eye and artistic mind:

• (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:15:52
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:16:11
  • Stranger said:

Mainly technical exercise. Horrible crop. Love the color palette. But does not emote me like some of your other work actually does.

Thank you, I really appreciate your opinion. I can take any criticism (I think). I agree, I did an awful job at cropping. Do you think it'd look better if it were perfectly horizontal?

• (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:16:05
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:16:20
  • Stranger said:

Alan: you're thinking too much from a composition point of view. Horizontal would make it less dynamic and even more of a standard motion blur/flash tech demo.
    What you need to start doing is make a difference: what makes a photo YOUR photo? Why does your view make a difference. Tell stories, make commentaries, be critical and fuck technology. Emote.

I love that! God, I wish you were my teacher!!!!!!!

I'm trying to develop a style.
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:16:28
  • Stranger said:

The style will develop itself. It's the substance you need to start workng on.
    Style without substance is empty.
    And we already live in a world with more and more information but less and less meaning.
    Artists play, or should play, a big role in society. They provide meaning and context.

You're full of artistic wisdom. I'm being serious.

P.S. Got your face pic. Nah, I don't think I need glasses.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!