Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2015-03-11 20:44:59
  • 22 Comments sorted by
  • Have you now:D ;)
    Welcome aboard!
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • *offers a tissue*
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • ^ Ha! :D Expect more of the same, whoever you may B_is_B
    Have fun and thanks for proving that the forum invites are in fact, actually working.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • (Cough)
    "Whomever", M

;-)
  • (Double Cough)

[-X  Nominative = "Whoever"
  • Is this now a theme avatar? Can we expect C_is_C along anytime soon?
    Can't wait for D-D. I like the sound of them already.
    Welcome B_is_B even though your name is is a pain to type on an IPad. Bring us some fresh Frapp insight.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Yes, welcome, B_is_B!

Welcome to our exciting playground of grammatical pedantry!

(or do I mean "the playground of whom we welcome is exciting to we pedants of grammar, whomsoever we, or they, or indeed, I, speaking in a respectful and not at all intending personal offence to any of those quoted above, or indeed, others who might not be quoted above, might be "?)

*This is what happens when twenty GMB-ers are locked in a message board toegher, with no outside influences. After the weak ones get eaten, that is*

• Yes B_is_B, off you go to the 'how I got into Goldfrapp' thread, the 'first gig' thread and all the other places to bare your soul and feed some fresh blood into the board ( or is that bored?) . Yum, yum !
  • Um, B_is_B isn't a real person, is s/he?
  • You know you're a serious Goldfrapp fan when:

1) you buy black cherry yoghurt even though you prefer strawberry

2) you arrange your cornflakes into the shape of Alison's 7th Tree pirate hat

3) you acknowledge something with a Yes-sir-like "Yyepp!"

4) you replay that Alison interview 14 times just to hear her filthy cackle :-)

Any more?
    Post edited by B_is_B at 2015-03-11 20:43:29
  • B_is_B said:

4) you replay that Alison interview 14 times just to hear her filthy cackle :-)

Yes indeed, very cute.

B_is_B is a rather cheeky name init;)
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2015-03-11 23:16:33
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Hello all!   Just thought I should make a quick first post (a) to say "hello all" (which I appear to have just done), and (b) to thank B_is_B for having so quickly sent me out an invitation on my unsolicited approach: much appreciated!

I only came on this forum last week while looking around for more information about the inspirations behind the sublime Tales Of Us, but it seems quite easy to get pleasantly sidetracked around here...

So thanks again.

PS Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong thread... feel free to move it of course!
    Post edited by 37201xoIM at 2015-03-21 07:15:28
  • Move it?  Oh, you poor thing.  You haven't yet experienced the wonders of GMB.  Sorry.  That may seem a bit snarky.  The powers of those "in charge" are limited, to say the least.

Welcome.
  • Welcome 37201xoIM
    Your name hardly trips of the tounge and sound a bit Logan's Run. Can we just call you 37?
    Somewhere, you will find a thread which asks you to explain your name on the board. Perhaps the forum librarian ( that's you @A_is_A) will do a thread bump to make it easy.
    Have fun and let your hair down ( if you have hair!)
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2015-03-21 10:15:37
  • Welcome '37 :-)

Yes, support for the forum has not been great, but we struggle on. Of us non-frapp-employed folk... myself and one other have some admin permissions, although a while ago they reduced these, for some reason. Basically, we can delete (and edit) posts and threads, and modify the various sections, but we cannot change the header pic or... (frustratingly) fix bugs.

Anyway, good to see that we are still able to invite new peeps. As well as '37 and Adrian... @juliamaddoxnyc1 has recently joined... but not yet posted. Many of you will know her from Facebook and Twitter.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!