Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
New Forum members (and veteran GMBers)
  • 55 Comments sorted by
  • Welcome Mariotte. You have breached the gate in a 300/Spartan style.
    Do you prefer Mariotte or Adrian?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Thanks U_T... Adrian :)
  • Welcome to the playhouse.
    There is a thread somewhat back where you can tells us how you got into Goldfrapp and another where you can tells us about your first gig and .i think the first record you bought.
    After that, we can throw you to the Wolves ! [-O<
  • OK well let's be honest, I've been here before, I was Gulliver Dark and there were a few skirmishes that are best forgotten. My presence here now is nothing to do with that but just want anyone who remembers those days to know who I am.

Nice to be involved again. Should be fun :)

Adrian
  • You must be talking the old GMB, Adrian?  And, it really must have been awhile ago, as I don't even remember one on that board.  But, then again, maybe best to just drop the subject.  No worries.

Welcome.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2015-03-15 17:38:45
  • Yeah 10 years ago :)

Cheers for the welcome :)
    Post edited by mariotte at 2015-03-15 19:02:10
  • I was trying to think who on here nowadays was on the old GMB in 2006 (when I joined). Apart from myself and Carpathian... I can think of: Keith, Sartori, Una, Pet(er Jeffery), ping, Ponygurl, Tattmaylor and Jem. Have I missed any other veterans?
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2015-03-16 08:06:58
  • pob06, Laura, Fenland, VisualFallacy and Micky arrived slightly later, I think.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2015-03-15 19:40:12
  • Hi Adrian :)
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Hi A :)

Corvina, Twisty, Ruby Slipper, Letsgetunconscious, Yourlovelyhead, Staddsy, Jimmyjamjar, Sally Traffic...
  • mariotte said:

Hi A :)

Corvina, Twisty, Ruby Slipper, Letsgetunconscious, Yourlovelyhead, Staddsy, Jimmyjamjar, Sally Traffic...

Well, unfortunately those lot haven't been GMB/Forum users for quite a while. Is SallyTraffic VisualFallacy? She's still here of course.

I'm FB friends with staddsy and follow RubySlipper on twitter. Oh, corvina made a brief (explosive) appearance on the new forum. And Ooh_la_Lisa.
  • Yes I think Sally is VF... There was also a guy whose real name was Gareth... articulate and knowledgeable, studying at university... Can't remember his screen name... :-?
  • Maybe TremblingStar? No idea what he's up to now. Oh, another 2004-ish joiner was... Stephanie. She's not into frapp these days but we're in touch on twitter.
  • Sally is Visual Fallacy.  It seems as though people have drifted away and become more active on Twitter and F B instead of the Forum and this seems to be based on Alison's preferred way of communicating being perceived as Twitter.  That has always struck me as odd as Alison cannot, and I guess would not, communicate with us through the forum so to move across to Twitter and away from the board, which only exists as a conduit for Goldfrapp interested people to communicate seems to me a bit odd.  Whatever, all this talk of old alumni makes me feel like a new boy, and I have been here nearly a year!
    I do like to do my research though. Something you may have missed in your sabbatical Adrian was a terse time on the board with a character called  'mirror' ( in white font for fear of waking the spirit) and a period of psychological warfare between parties.  Interestingly Adrian, in your absence, you were one of the names put forward ( as G D ) as the true face behind it all.
    I had a fascinating afternoons read for an hour or so. #throwbackthursday
  • That's weird.  As I said, after a year of doing this, my spellcheck suddenly wants to change Goldfrapp to Goldfish ! :-/

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!