Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Your All Time Fave Goldfrapp track...album, b-side or other
  • my number 1....TIPTOE vs. FELT MOUNTAIN.....

astounding

• 13 Comments sorted by
  • I love this era of Goldfrapp Stevil. It's when I got on the Train and they kicked arse in them days. Don't get me wrong, I love what they do now but the BC time was magical. They were fresh, they were relevant and everybody respected them. I feel now they have become a tad 'niche' which is nice in one respect that you feel part of a very select group in the know, but on other levels, it seems I talk to some people and say I like GF, and they say 'who'
    I suppose it is because A & W have grown up; become respectable.
    The Wolves, the tit tassles, the flash of knickers, oh, take me back there!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • it truly was magic and a SHOCK
    Loved the Frappswipe 
  • Oh Stevil. Thanks to your prompt I went back to BC tonight when out on a drive.
    Crystalline Green. Kaleidoscopes. Men with Wolves heads. Wolf Ladies. Arghhh!
    Magical times. Will we ever see them again? Do I detect a great disturbance in the Force?
    http://youtu.be/F2mrS-Dw8Ko
  • CRYSTALLINE!!!!! i wish it was about 2 minutes longer 
    yeah it will be interesting to see what they do next. 
  • cologne cerrone houdini for me
  • I still have to say that there are just way too many exceptionally astounding tunes by Goldfrapp for me to make a choice.  I've improved, though, it used to be that I used to say that there were all so great but, now, I can see that there are a handful that are just really, really good.

All of the choices above fall into that category of transcendent pieces.....and a lot more.  The really funny thing is that, when I am listening to one of those songs, it is easy for me to say, "Oh, that one!  That's the best!".  Until the next one comes on. 

One that comes to mind, right now, is Koko.  wowWoWWOW!
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2015-03-12 18:46:47
  • Pilots.

Many songs have come close but I suspect this will always be my favourite. Still enormously affecting after all these years.
  • "Utopia"

I'm not choosing; just saying.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • It's difficult to pick one but I have consistently felt closest to Paper Bag since the release of Felt Mountain (though Deer Stop and Monster Love are nipping at Paper Bag's heals).
  • All-time favourite...?  Very, very difficult, but in my view anybody who is capable of listening to Hairy Trees without wanting to cry has no soul...
  • My favorite is Deer Stop. Absolutely perfect.
    Post edited by Glitterizer at 2015-10-09 02:20:50
  • Old School. Yeah !
  • I'd go with You Never Know tied with Lovely Head and Clowns. It's like Sophie's Choice!!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!