Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • you all probably know this already...but Lisa Gunning is credited as one of the editors on 50 Shades of Grey on IMDB...she posted a pic of the movie billboard this morning on twitter

• 19 Comments sorted by
  • Gotta pay the bills, I suppose. I've done worse!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • stevil said:

you all probably know this already...but Lisa Gunning is credited as one of the editors on 50 Shades of Grey on IMDB...she posted a pic of the movie billboard this morning on twitter

im not surprised seeing as her pal Sam directed it.

i can't quite come to terms with Sam being blonde... its very... different.

EDIT. no, i don't think its the blonde thing at all. i think its the whole holywood glitzy kind of thing just all very different from when i studied her art back at uni. 

the film is getting mixed reviews. i've never read the books, and it doesn't really interest me. im sure curiosity will get the better of me eventually though. ;)
    Post edited by cookiee_munster at 2015-02-12 17:16:52
  • iuventus said:

Gotta pay the bills, I suppose. I've done worse!

tell me about it
  • ^ I'll tell you a little. I didn't find it erotic- but he's haunted. Catch the matinee.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Nah.....doesn't float my boat. I'd sooner watch brief Encounter with a bottle of Baileys and a bar of Turkish delight. Gloooop!
  • Complete and utter trash in more ways than one. I worry about the people who think this is a good film let alone a sexy film!! :-?
  • Agreed. Idk..wealth, power, looks..sooo— cliché. Fucked up pretty boy. Straight woman cliché. Give me a good story anyday over such crap. I didn't read the book, so I can't tell where the film goes wrong..could be the screenwriting (?) Maybe the Director should have done a re-write. You need a personal touch to made a great film- write outside the lines..write your own story into the story.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • I haven't seen it so, I'll refrain from opining on the film. I'm sure they did the best they could given the atrocious, cringe inducing, barely there storyline they had to work with.
    I read the first 60 pages or so out of curiosity when the book first came out and I found it unbelievably awful. The real crime is that I am certain there is much better erotica out there and yet the masses managed to find a book like 50 Shades and turn THAT bilge into an international best seller.
    With regards to changing the script, I'm sure their hands where pretty well tied ( excuse the pun ) :D

Post edited by A_is_A at 2015-02-15 15:58:59
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Is it true that this started as Twilight fan fiction?
  • I dont know how its being advertised round the World but you cant move in the UK without it being on TV, talked about on the radio, fucking Facebook. Even stuck on the side of my local bus. Craziness!! 
    I am hoping they stick it on toilet paper as I think it would have found its true meaning in life 
    ;))

• iuventus said:

Is it true that this started as Twilight fan fiction?

Yes, but at least that had the excuse of being 'young adult/teen fiction'

I dont know how its being advertised round the World but you cant move in the UK without it being on TV, talked about on the radio, fucking Facebook. Even stuck on the side of my local bus. Craziness!! 

I am hoping they stick it on toilet paper as I think it would have found its true meaning in life 
    ;))

The hype machine is cranked up to full volume here too.
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2015-02-15 16:07:55
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • I know! I can't escape it. Even the parodies are becoming annoying.

Tried to read a few pages, decided that there is quite a lot of Fanfiction that's better than this. Even Twilight wasn't that bad, if you ignore all the scary, stalking, sparkly vampires.
    I think I'd need to actually read all the books and see the film to be allowed to complain about specific things though. 
    Looking forward to the next hype. Whatever that may be. 
    Post edited by Anoukvdm at 2015-02-16 14:31:22
  • ^
    The next hype will be 50 Shades - The Return, where people have the pleasure of queuing to get a refund for wasting their money on the first film! 
    ;))
    Post edited by Hells_Bells at 2015-02-16 17:23:44
  • The author has gobs of money and spent gobs of it on the publicity/hype machine.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!