Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 1299 Comments sorted by
  • ^ cough

Yeah, sorry Stephen. I noticed your post after I put this one on. Just you and me then.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2015-01-31 08:54:45
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Yes, quiet here for a Saturday afternoon.
  • I just tried using a paper coffee filter to make some tea.  The taste of coffee is radically different when using a strainer of some sort, like those Bodum coffee presses.  Really nice.  Just like coffee, it rids the bitterness (acids?) from the drink.
  • I notice no-one questioned native Americans discovering the British Isles before Columbus did. Columbus was born around 1450? The Romans had been gone from Britain for a 1,000 years before he was born.

You're joking! No?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Nah, we've been here forever. Neanderthals kicked each other's butts around here. Just down the road they found one of the worlds oldest wooden tools ( the Clacton Spear) which is 400,000 years old and just recently up the coast they found early human footprints in soft sedimentary rock that date from 900,000 years ago.
    If he was my Uncle, that would be approx. 36,000 'greats' !
  • Just to be sure, you realize that I was knowingly making a totally inane statement (re Columbus, Native Americans, Britain), right?

By the way, many Greeks also believe that theirs were the first civilizations and that all languages come from theirs.

I, myself, love to hear about the rich history of the world's diverse peoples. With traceable roots in the British Isles, mainland Europe (north and south), and the Americas, I've never viewed the topic of origins as a competition. I just wish I had more time to devote to exploring the subject.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2015-01-31 20:21:15
  • iuventus said:

Just to be sure, you realize that I was knowingly making a totally inane statement (re Columbus, Native Americans, Britain), right?

By the way, many Greeks also believe that theirs were the first civilizations and that all languages come from theirs.

I, myself, love to hear about the rich history of the world's diverse peoples. With traceable roots in the British Isles, mainland Europe (north and south), and the Americas, I've never viewed the topic of origins as a competition. I just wish I had more time to devote to exploring the subject.

Yes, Bottlehead and I realised this as we are well versed in sarcasm as per his reference to it probably being put out by Fox News. True about the Clacton spear though. One of the worlds oldest known wooden artefacts.
    Still no news on Cookie's mysterious stump though and the archaeological treasures it may spew forth !
  • You don't think CM's opened a wormhole and is now talking to our other-selves in an alternative universe?
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • I've a feeling we've all been sucked in.
  • If only you were familiar with Carry on movies, that last comment would warrant an 'Oh, Matron! '
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2015-02-01 14:19:42
  • Guys, i haven't forgotten about my stump! thanks to all who have helped! :)
  • Guys, i haven't forgotten about my stump! thanks to all who have helped! :)

Oh, I was thinking you had found Nigella living in there ! ( I love this random, cross thread pollution) !
  • Why don't they have a cancel button on this comment script?  And, oh, by the way, the "write comment" button is just downright dumb.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2015-02-09 07:48:14
  • Why don't they have a cancel button on this comment script?  And, oh, by the way, the "write comment" button is just downright dumb.

WW. If you change your mind mid 'quote' as they strangely call a reply, I just hit 'back to discussions' and it seems to cancal the 'quote'.
    Strange indeed.
  • Yeah, refresh does the same thing, if you accidently hit "quote", for instance, rather than "edit".  I'll make another comment on this on the "Yeshir" post from Stevil.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!