Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 1299 Comments sorted by
  • Goth Barbie
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • "They're coming to get you, Barbara" Barbie?
    Post edited by iuventus at 2015-01-27 12:16:26
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

It's not pink.

Cookie hasn't chipped his way to the inner sanctum yet. That could yet disclose a wet, glistening, pink interior.
    Ew! How about the recepticle from which the Alien face huggers emerge? Perhaps your computer room under the stairs is like the interstices of the good ship Nostromo Cookie. Perhaps the stump has been capped with mortar to keep 'them' in !
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2015-01-27 14:29:56
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Shiny and warm...mmmm. My classy stepfather pulled me aside when I brought a Black girl home. His words of wisdom: "Well, they're all pink on the inside."

Anyhow, I'm still hoping for a Giallo style ending. Sorry, cookiee!
    Post edited by iuventus at 2015-01-27 14:33:38
  • ok. have i totally imagined this or way back in 05/06 did madonna release a single with a remix with jane fonda's workout regime mixed into it???

EDIT- bah! haha! nostromo cookiee. lol. i love it. still no more new im afraid guys. well... the floor in there i think has effloresence growing out of it. and the base of the concrete stump is actually bricks...
    Post edited by cookiee_munster at 2015-01-30 13:40:54
  • Eerie! Doesn't folklore claim that efflorescence is the souls of the dead seeping slowly back into the world of the living?
  • iuventus said:

Eerie! Doesn't folklore claim that efflorescence is the souls of the dead seeping slowly back into the world of the living?

What, Cookie's house is built on an old Native American graveyard? That's a bit unlucky in the UK.
    Base is bricks, then the top is definatley mortar. Even more reason to getting chipping with a bolster CM!
  • The Native Americans discovered the British Isles long before Columbus did. Don't you watch the Discovery Channel?
  • If UT really knew his British History...he would know it's a remnant from the "Beaker People." There's a mound of evidence supporting it. (You don't have to live near Stonehenge to realize that.)
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • I was thinking that they might use another term to refer to the lore of the British Isles and use the term 'folklore' exclusively for that of Native Americans. Who knows?
  • iuventus said:

The Native Americans discovered the British Isles long before Columbus did. Don't you watch the Discovery Channel?

Wasn't that on your Fox News?
  • Ponygurl said:

If UT really knew his British History...he would know it's a remnant from the "Beaker People." There's a mound of evidence supporting it. (You don't have to live near Stonehenge to realize that.)

I wonder what a Beaker Person would think about her people being known by that name today.  I think it might be:

"Hoi!  Our beakers were pretty snazzy, but there's a lot more to our culture than that!"

It's a bit like 21st Century people being known in the future as the Plastic Crap People.  Or maybe not, come to think of it.  Plastic Crap People seems fair enough.
  • The word 'Beaker' is not used enough in my opinion. We should reintroduce it as a homage.
  • I notice no-one questioned native Americans discovering the British Isles before Columbus did. Columbus was born around 1450? The Romans had been gone from Britain for a 1,000 years before he was born.
    As for Native American burials grounds @ PG, I thought you realised all Brits got their knowledge of American history and culture from The Simpsons and Family Guy.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!