Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4410 Comments sorted by
  • I do believe we are the same person hunter.... :x! (Although I'm the older female version, hehehe)
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2015-01-18 21:33:41
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Tori was my first musical crush...ah Little Earthquakes, what memories. And collecting all those important singles with the b-sides. I still love Flying Dutchman just as much as the first time I heard it and Honey, Black Swan and Here. In My Head are still faves...

Then Bjork and PJ Harvey both came into my life right at the same time, right between Bjork's Debut and Post albums. Tori's Boys For Pele, Bjork's Homogenic and PJ Harvey's Is This Desire are all in my top ten favorite albums.

We must be music twinsies PG.
    Post edited by hunter at 2015-01-18 21:58:37
  • We ARE music twinsies hunter. Tori was my first musical love affair..I had to possess everything she released. I have almost all her singles too and still got the box set! ..and what a lovely box it is. You mentioned some fantastic ones! I think I was turned on by her performance style too- her lips would brush up against the microphone and she would grind into the piano bench with her legs spread apart. Very arousing to me.

Yes to Bjork and Pj Harvey too! Def in my top ten. Just incredibly creative women...that's sexy to me. Creativity, yum (Prob why i'm so into GF too). Btw, I think they removed Bjork's Vulnicura leak. I'm gonna wait patiently.. although you got me hyped from your review, haha.

I love your avatar- is it a Cala lily and fountain pen? Beautiful.
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2015-01-19 02:29:11
    U R I E L
  • Have to say I was naughty and also listened to the new Björk album. The opening song Stonemilker is amazing.

• PG, yes, Calalilly and pen, art by one of my favorite artists, Dave McKean (he did the cover of the Tori 7" vinyl for God with the remixes and covers for Sandman graphic novels).

There was no way I was gonna be able to wait on the album, but good for you PG...I wish I was that strong. It is in low quality if that makes you feel better.
  • At last i got to here the lost Captain album Distraction.  :)

Funny hearing the Cool kids single by Echosmith getting treat reviews you wonder why this album didn't get released.

• What I am not listening to right now is Björk. Leaking music is a crime and should be stopped and punished for. I think it's just outrageous! It's like rape. I'm just so angry. I can't listen to the new album cos' I'd feel like a criminal. She shouldn't have surrendered to those bastards like Madonna and stick with the original release date.
  • K&D Sessions

Havent heard this in so long and its still great.
    Post edited by hunter at 2015-01-20 18:43:17
  • Thanks for the Vulnicura heads-up hunter (it's now on iTunes). God, I was welling up through it..but by the time I hit "Family" I flat out broke down and cried. I think I'm just having an extremely emotional day too- whew..Heavy.

Now I'm going back in time with her...
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2015-01-23 23:32:11
    U R I E L
  • WHALE albums!

No one makes music like this anymore!!

Whale - Hobo Humpin Slobo Babe - Sexiest women in 'brace' award!

• WHALE albums!

With whale songs?
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Emmylou from the wonderful First Aid Kit
  • family of the year album "loma vista" beautiful record ,first aid kit,beck, and a throw back to 90s band "jellyfish", suffice to say feeling a bit harmonious, spring must be just round the corner
  • Prince- Erotic City. I heard it playing twice randomly when I was out last night..thought I'd give it another listen. Stands the test of time.
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2015-01-25 18:17:36
    U R I E L

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!