Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • Hollywood Revue of 1929.  Watched this evening.  I had to watch this very early Hollywood musical sooner or later.  Some it is rather dull, but it's well worth watching for several things -- not least the original rendition of Singin' in the Rain -- long before Gene Kelly!
  • Watched the "Imitation Game" last night. Wow, I just loved it..even though it had a sad ending. What a brilliant man and what a repressed era in history. I just love true stories, esp. ones about unsung heroes and heroines. I think it's up for Best Picture too. Dam, I missed the Golden Globes- and apparently Prince made an appearance! (@A_is_A #Universal) Guess I have some catching up to do!
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • The Ghost Breakers starring the lovely Paulette Goddard and Bob Hope.  It has some genuinely spooky moments.  Ms Goddard (amongst other roles) also played the female lead in Charlie Chaplin's 'Modern Times'.
  • The Theory of Everything

Really not much to say, it's quite boring. The guy who plays Hawking is good but i can't understand what all the fuss is about, it doesn't give any real insight into his life or work, you'd get more just reading Wikipedia.
  • I saw a political film over xmas about immigration. They got this bear from Peru and put him in London to show our attitudes to people from other countries that look different. 

Also has Nicole Kidman had a boob job? Why oh why. :-/
    Post edited by tattmaylor at 2015-01-20 05:29:30
  • I saw a political film over xmas about immigration. They got this bear from Peru and put him in London to show our attitudes to people from other countries that look different. 

Also has Nicole Kidman had a boob job? Why oh why. :-/

I want to see this (not the boob job) .

Saw Gods and Kings , it was alright , just as well I read the book in school is my only comment , Memphis looks awesome , didn`t see Elvis though . 

Off to see `Ex Machina` this afternooooon , apparently it "revels in its creepiness" , either that or housework . 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Saw "Ex Machina" , thoroughly enjoyed it , no dissection of it , no discussion of humanity , subtext or comparisons from me at least - a very good , well scripted , well acted movie  

The surreal part in it (you`ll know it when you see it , I`m not spoiling it) makes the movie even betterer . 
    Post edited by Sartori at 2015-01-22 05:05:10
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • finally got round to seeing interstellar the other day, very moving ,thought provoking,loved it ,chris nolan one of the very best and most interesting directors around
  • The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. Very good end to the trilogy just not as good as The Lord of the Rings films.
  • The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. Very good end to the trilogy just not as good as The Lord of the Rings films.

This was my last Film i watched too and i thoroughly enjoyed it. not really sure which trilogy i prefer now.

best scene would have to be Galadriel kicking some evil arse with her powers. just had to go re-watch the whole scene again over on youtube. loved it! :)
  • a new poltergheist film IS actually coming out in the next few months. after being in development for about a million years. i've seen the trailer. 

it just seems to focus more on the scares and the jumps than the actual hilarious interaction between each of the characters in the original. if you sit down and watch the original, the film is actually pretty funny! and has a lot of that spielberg'esque hilarity about it. my favourite character being Dr. Lesh. 
  • Just want to let everyone know, yes, Kristen Stewart is gay. Carry on.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Saw Jupiter Ascending this afternoon , very good , ticks all the boxes

Mila Kunis is good/foxy looking TICK
    Elf as male interest TICK
    Spaceships TICK
    Hold onto your pants scenes TICK

I`m sure there are metaphors and hidden meanings but I couldn`t honestly give a fuck .
  • Sartori said:

Saw Jupiter Ascending this afternoon , very good , ticks all the boxes

Mila Kunis is good/foxy looking TICK
    Elf as male interest TICK
    Spaceships TICK
    Hold onto your pants scenes TICK

I`m sure there are metaphors and hidden meanings but I couldn`t honestly give a fuck .

Oh that's good then. i've heard a lot about it, and heard a lot of people slating it. but it can't be that bad really. a lot of people slated John Carter of Mars, i watched it and i really liked it! :)
  • Birdman

Bloody brilliant....!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!