Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 57 Comments sorted by
  • Oh, come on peeps. Honestly, I can't think of two women who have done more to champion gay rights..Human rights. They're brave, they're a mouthpiece. If a 56 year old woman wants to whip out her titties..who cares! It just still shows that our culture is still repressed when it comes to the human body. What if men weren't allowed to take off their shirt and show their chest?! Repression..not only because she's a woman, but because of her age. If a 56 year old man, with children, removed his shirt and showed his nips..would our culture have the same reaction? No. It's no different. Do i want to see some old dudes nips? Not really, but it's not stigmatized. I mean, it's time for change. Even to this day men who fuck around are considered "studs" while women are considered "whores." It takes two to tango people. God, we still got a long way to go. Hey, if I got some nice titties when I'm that age, why not flaunt them? I know it seems all about attention, but it's also about repression. I mean, who can forget this?
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • I just wish her music weren't rubbish.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

I just wish her music weren't rubbish.

iuventus said:

thank you!!!!

Post edited by stevil at 2015-01-02 04:26:52
  • how i managed that i'll never know
  • I looked high and low for the photo in question. What's the big deal? Looks just like any other teat on the Internet.
  • But you guys weren't talking about her music, you were talking about her titties...remember?!
    U R I E L
  • I wasn't talking about her at all originally. I don't follow Madonna's career. I didn't even know there was a tittie pic out there 'til you 'uns brought it up.
  • Yeah, it was stevil and silverjet. Apparently they still follow her if they know about titty pics- I haven't seen them.
    U R I E L
  • Ponygurl said:

Yeah, it was stevil and silverjet.

Exactly. Before accusing me, I think you need to do your homework well.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2015-01-02 04:44:11
  • When I posted, your post wasn't there iuv. It was meant for stevil. It's all in the name of discussion! I think it's fun.
    U R I E L
  • *whoosh!*
  • Like elsewhere in the electronic land I'll not wish people a "Happy New Year" but rather a peaceful, content and rewarding year with the rough edges that you catch your arm on nicely smooth out.

Where there are problems (this is real life we're talking about) may people find them to be challenges that benefit when overcome.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • On the Madonna issue, I'm with PonyGurl. To deny Madonna the right to expose her breasts just because she is 56 is ageist and, trust me on this, we are all destined to suffer this unless it is stamped out and understood that it is no more acceptable than homophobia or racial discrimination. Irrespective of your gender orientation or your colour, you too will get old ( if you are lucky) and you do not want people dismissing you because of your age, as well as any other perceived 'differences' you may have as well.
    On a lighter note, to be honest, I looked at the photos and thought, nice breasts, I would! (Or is that Wood?)
    I have to say while not a massive fan, I have bought a lot of Madonna 's records over the years and have seen her in concert. When she gets her music right, it is 1st class and I think she is still relevant in the music industry today. She is, and always has been, a master at manipulation of the media and this is exactly what she wanted; everyone having an opinion on whether she should have popped them out or not. The worst thing for her would have been if she had done it and nobody took any notice.
    Look at this little video from the Telegraph that puts a good case for the positive over this. As a bonus, Claire Cohen is good looking and articulate and has a nice English accent. Interestingly, while it puts the case for Madonna's right as a 56 year old to get them out, it never quite manages to show her nipples ! Strange.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/11267514/Madonna-topless-photos-are-a-triumph-for-women.html
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2015-01-02 07:52:22
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • It's not just her titties. Yes, I follow her career. MDNA was utter rubbish. She's just not humble anymore that's my problem. She has this need to reclaim again and again that she's Madonna. I don't know if it's the fear of getting forgotten. The new album will have a track named "Bitch, I'm Madonna" with Nicki Minaj again!. Anyone who said she's all rubbish please listen to some tracks from Ray of Light, Music and American Life. She didn't need to show her boobies than cos' she made real music. Right now she's buddies with people like Miley Cyrus just to be hip.
    Post edited by silverjet at 2015-01-02 07:26:24

• For anyone interested, this is the fully gallery of photos from Interview magazine.  I think the ones with the 'flower' gag rather spoil an otherwise fine set of photos of a sexy women of a 'certain' age.  Perezhilton.com refer to here as a living legend and I think that is fair.  What mediocre event would not be transformed into a media frenzy by letting slip that Madonna will be attending?
    I pick out one photo from the bunch below, and would say to all the art fans on here, Edward Hopper?

http://www.interviewmagazine.com/music/madonna-1/#slideshow_71352.1

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!