Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • Just watched Sightseers, A black comedy about a couple's cross-country caravan road trip that takes a deadly turn when they decide to start killing everyone who annoys them.
    Excellent anti Christmas fare. Who hasn't sometimes thought about killing people that are really annoying!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • silverjet said:
    Pet said: silverjet said:Finished watching Midnight Cowboy just now. Hated it. Barry did a great job though.

I saw that in a cinema when it first came out.  (Late 60s, 70s?  I dunno.)  If anyone wanted me to sit through it again, they'd have to pay me.  I mean a useful sum of money -- not treating me to popcorn and/or a choc ice.

Hahahaha. :D I actually thought you were gonna say something like "what are you talking about?!". I watched because Alison praised the film and Barry's composition in that summer BBC radio gig. Real torture.

No.  I went to see
    Midnight Cowboy, all those years ago, because it was then the new film people were talking about (and praising)  Like most highly regarded films of that era, it deserved to be buried in an unmarked grave.  Another one is Easy Rider, which is dreadful from beginning to end.
  • Pet said:

No.  I went to see
    Midnight Cowboy, all those years ago, because it was then the new film people were talking about (and praising)  Like most highly regarded films of that era, it deserved to be buried in an unmarked grave.  Another one is Easy Rider, which is dreadful from beginning to end.

It actually won the Best Picture Oscar! :S Thanks, I will be aware of that one.
  • ^ I don't think that the best picture Oscar means very much.  I have a feeling that American Beauty won it -- and that's a right load of tosh.  A problem with cultural products (films, music, etc.) of the late 60s and early 70s is that, back in those days, a lot of people had the mistaken idea that taking drugs aids the creative process.
  • Went to see Exodus = Gods And Kings last night. Hmmm....good, but I hate all those fighting scenes, I always worry about the (hopefully computer generated!) horses! It concerns me too that a film with multiple images of men being run through with swords warrants a 12 certificate. How does this work? Someone enlighten me. I abhor any violence, Im such a wimp.
  • ^ Oh I wanna see that. Just love Christian Bale, he's so good in everything!!
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Old movie posters are fantastic right?! I've only seen clips from this film, I think.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Oo dear Stevil...! I go to pieces when I see anyone using gardening shears....for gardening!
  • Here are a couple others in the genre, stevil. A little later. A little subtler. A little better produced.

The movie is far better than its ratchet trailer.

Debbie Reynolds and Shelley Winters at their finest. Sublimely creepy ending.

Post edited by iuventus at 2015-01-03 14:36:21
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Just saw "The Two Faces of January" yesterday. A good old-fashioned crime thriller. Very well done- a bit Hitchcockian. It's actually a Patricia Highsmith adaption. Great story.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • OMGrannypanties! Wikipedia has an entry for this type of film: Psycho-Biddy; aka Hagsploitation, Hag Horror, and my favorite...Grande Dame Guignol.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2015-01-03 14:41:06
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • yes i love all of those films

• Going back to 1966- Mike Nichols, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf- an oldie but a goodie.

U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Virginia is the best....

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!