Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp Vinyl
  • 26 Comments sorted by
  • On the subject of Mute and vinyl, they will be at the Independent Record Market this Saturday in London, Old Spitalfields Market - http://mute.com/mute/heres-what-to-expect-from-mute-at-the-independent-label-market-london-old-spitafields-market-sat-29-nov

And "Goldfrapp – Tales Of Us: deluxe box set, limited amount at a special price for Independent Label Market"

Might go and take a look and chat them up a bit...
  • its kind of cray just how much the vinyl editions of Goldfrapp's music has suddenly ramped up. it was only a few years ago i picked up their first three albums on vinyl for £9 each. now i see them on amazon and ebay for stupid money!
  • Just the old supply and demand graph I suppose. Interesting thing is that as soon as Mute release these back on vinyl, the value of those albums out there will plummet. Just the possibility of their release will suppress the value of existing albums as who would spend £200 on an album if you may be able to buy it in a few months for less than £20? I know that these will not be the 'original' vinyl, but they will compensate by being 180g pressings no doubt, possibly with some extras, like the enhanced CD release of Felt Mountain.
    That will put a crease in the faces of some greedy dealers no doubt !
    Who knows, some of the originals may then come back to the market more reasonably priced.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • But will a repress of BC still have the hand-etched "Wolf lady's ahoy!" message on it?
  • We can only hope! I have an original BC vinyl copy, so will be an interesting back to back comparison.
    There is a possibility that these 'repressings' may not go back to the original master tapes ( as this takes a high degree of skill on behalf of the engineer to mix or compress the bass in particular onto the vinyl medium, which is a long and complicated explanation, but happy to write an 'essay' on it (yes Pete, I'm thinking of you !) if anyone wishes) but may cheat and use the CD master as their source.
    C'est la vie!
  • To be honest I kinda wish they'd do 24/96 digital releases instead of vinyl represses. Maybe just cause I have them all :p
  • Where is your soul man? You can't smell and lick a 24/96 download !
    I recently bought the first four Led Zep albums on 180g pressings, all with extra material, even though I have the originals. I don't have a copy of FM as yet, so looking forward to filling a small space in my rack.
  • I'll wait for the brain implant.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Where is your soul man? You can't smell and lick a 24/96 download !

Sounds selfish but since i have all the vinyls already i kinda like how limited they are (at least the early albums), and like you said a re-release will just cancel that out :P Plus i'd rather have something fresh that hasn't been done before, and there are bespoke services for 24/96 digital downloads now like HDTracks etc so the time is right.

• rewak said:

Where is your soul man? You can't smell and lick a 24/96 download !

Sounds selfish but since i have all the vinyls already i kinda like how limited they are (at least the early albums), and like you said a re-release will just cancel that out :P Plus i'd rather have something fresh that hasn't been done before, and there are bespoke services for 24/96 digital downloads now like HDTracks etc so the time is right.

Fair 'nuff. Honest opinion. The originals will still be that, original and from the era; maybe without 'Wolf lady's ahoy ! In the centre.
  • iuventus said:

I'll wait for the brain implant.

You have no soul. We already know that.
    Welcome back. Been sort of quiet from you of late. Out of interest, can you see the vids uploaded to YouTube from RAH or are they not available to be seen in the colonies?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!