Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Who should remix the first single 'Drew'?
  • 96 Comments sorted by

• Whilst singles for the 'mass market' may be difficult given the style of TOU I'd say that careful targeting of the right audience could actually be easier.

Take, for example, many of the shows on BBC 6 Music - having a different tone to the station means that a downtempo track has quite a few places to find a home. As I'd wager the audience for that station fits quite well with the crowd liable to buy the album it's a shoe-in for a good hit-rate of interest.

Of course, I may be biased because I only listen to 6Music and I love Goldfrapp - that's very likely to cloud my view :))
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Jive Bunny!
  • iamamiwhoami
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • dont know i just want a singleee
  • If they really have to be mixed then I'd suggest Mum or Flaming Lips, based on previous form.
  • On a serious not I loved the MUM and Galexico reworkings rather than remixes. Also loved the ones by for Ladytron by Bertrand Burgalat and Simian there is also great in this way. Bertrand would be perfect for the feel on TOU.

^ I am 90% sure with her profile, and being on Ninja Tunes, Emika may well get a remix job.

I wonder who picks the remix artists?
  • Has Lady Gaga ever remixed anyone? She really should try remixing 'Annabel'.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Seriously, is there any need for songs to be re-mixed? Its one thing a band doing different versions of their own songs (acoustic, non vocal etc) but others remixing is daft. Its only done for the club scene in which most people are too fucking pie-eyed to even know what their listening to anyway.  We Are Glitter mark 2 as we know will own impress a minority on this board judging from the past lambasting that album got so what is the point. 
    For the record I liked We Are Glitter because it fitted in with the uptempo SN sound but please dont keep doing this all the time. Gets annoying  
    >:P
    Just my opinion of course!
  • Again, remixes is not all about dancing.
  • i don't want remixes. tales of us doesnt really seem all that remixey.

i want B-sides! :D

I'LL KILL YOU
  • Alan said:

Again, remixes is not all about dancing.

I would assume that the ones you'd prefer are all about that, though?
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Alan said:

Again, remixes is not all about dancing.

I would assume that the ones you'd prefer are all about that, though?

Wrong. I like non-dancy stuff, too. :D
  • Remixes , the kids call them rerubs now , get with it  :O)
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Oh Jesus lord can you imagine a dub-step Annabel? Actually, that would be hilarious...
  • rewak said:

Oh Jesus lord can you imagine a dub-step Annabel? Actually, that would be hilarious...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9qtwGJBDSI&hd=1
    Post edited by LuDux at 2013-06-28 11:09:05
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!