Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
alison on 6 music 29/8/14
  • 36 Comments sorted by
  • ping said:

^ thank the lord for iplayer?

Only if the lord brings me broadband or wifi that my flipin mac will pick up. And I think hes busy at the mo
  • Out of interest, and so I don't have to bore myself with google, is there any way of 'saving' a bbc show to play later, but without streaming it, preferably on my phone?  I've got a 4 hour drive to Norfolk tomorrow evening... 

There is but its a lot of pfaffing around , if her show is upped for "Listen Again" , then I`ll do my best to "sort it awt" & upload it here .

For anyone who fancies the challenge or wants "proof of concept" - BBC`s radio broadcast their radio (a la web) as mp3`s inside an flv wrapper (think of it as a book inside its Amazon packaging) , you need to download it via a program called "Stream Transport" (for example) , then split the file to remove the mp3 from its wrapper (I use a program called "FLV Extract") , um...voila . Told you it was a lot of pfaffing .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • If I manage to sort it , then I`ll DM you on Twitter and it`ll ping through to you (if anyone has seen the new Karen Gillan tv comedy "Selfie" , I just cringed to write that) .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • got it on ready :) they just mentioned chatting to Alison later
  • Shes on! Via telephone
  • Ooooooh 'a few surprises for RAH' :D
  • Hmm, not really much interesting or new in this chit-chat.

Alison sounded great, but there were just no (appropriate) leading questions. Sometimes goes like that. Ho hum.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-08-29 07:13:30
  • well short and sweet. i was glad she said they're heading back into the studio at least, so they're planning some more music! thats good news :)
  • Haha, Lou and Kate.. you saw more positives in it than me. I shouldn't be so grumpy!
  • well phew then (the more albums/scores etc bit). HJ you be as grumpy as you like.
  • We have Radio 6 Music on all day at the office but somebody started the rather noisy document folding machine just before Alison was about to come on so I swiftly plugged a pair of headphones into my PC and listened to her words of wisdom that way. I found it positive in that she said that the upcoming RAH show would be the last gig of this year rather than the last one for a long time. Obviously that doesn't guarantee that they won't disappear from view into the studio for a year or two - I just sincerely hope that isn't the case. God, I'm missing 'em already - even before their final 2014 date!
  • The RAH gig is a real bonus - but don't expect any in 2015. There were no significant gigs in 2012 (post HF tour) or 2009 (after 7T)
  • What WILL we do!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • ^
    A mass Goldfrapp karaoke evening to while away the hours/days/years until the next stupendous album they release!
  • Whine about the live DVD we'll no doubt never get.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!