Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Royal Albert Hall - 18 Nov 2014
  • 497 Comments sorted by
  • Here's a plan of RAH with seat and row numbers if anyone is interested.

What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • I was almost frantic by the time 9AM came round after barely sleeping a wink last night. (Why do I put myself through this torture? Adoration of Goldfrapp, perhaps?) I was there on the dot like a shot and yet everything was gone except a few stalls tickets and the circle. How can this be? Maybe, as has been suggested, the best seats are held back for VIP packages. I'll have to see what's what on Friday. These "fan pre-sales" are fine and dandy in principle but don't always live up to expectations in practice. When I booked for the two Manchester shows (and my god, weren't they heavenly!) last year I could only get standing tickets for one of 'em and reluctantly bought a seated ticket for the other one - but when I checked out the general public sale I was able to buy a standing ticket for that gig without any problem. 
  • You know things are bad when someone called John The Flower Man shows up to have a pop.
  • So the bottom line is, I have 8 tickets, and the circle ones are surplus. If anyone interested once you have tried all the other options, let me know, otherwise, I pass onto friends or try my luck as a tout on the night.
    No stress in the morning? Yeah, right. Never do a gig pre sale !

i would get on the phone to gigsntours. i'm pretty sure there was a 4 ticket limit for this event.
  • I think a lot of the tickets seeming to be gone immediately weirdness is due to the way a lot of people try multiple reservations at the same time and choose the best option of that selection.
    They probably won't bother clicking the [release tickets] button for the other tickets, so those will stay 'reserved' for a while.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Has anyone gone in and bought a fine dining package? They're offering up Section H of the Stalls (those of you who got section M will have the same view, but opposite obviously).  
  • Well done to those who managed to get pre-sale tickets. I'm starting to wonder if this is a bit of a lottery. I have been signed up to mailing lists and seen at least 4 different forums since the Goldfrapp website started back in 2001 so I can't understand why I am not getting the pre-sale code? A lovely forum member helped me out with the Brighton pre-sale earlier this year, and I also made sure I was signed up on the day the RAH gig was announced but still nothing?
  • Oh well, long and boring story short, missed the presale totally, trying my luck with the general sale tomorrow.

If that fails I'll be begging ... Can trade London sofa bed for ticket, know what I mean?
  • Stuart_P said:

So the bottom line is, I have 8 tickets, and the circle ones are surplus. If anyone interested once you have tried all the other options, let me know, otherwise, I pass onto friends or try my luck as a tout on the night.
    No stress in the morning? Yeah, right. Never do a gig pre sale !

i would get on the phone to gigsntours. i'm pretty sure there was a 4 ticket limit for this event.

No mention I saw on the web site of a limit. I have since had 2 separate confirmation emails and according to Paypal, they have made 2 payments to the RAH. It was an accident as I did not want 8 but they hid my first selection of the stalls tickets so it is their fault really. If they want the circle tix back, fine by me.
    What do you do if you and the Mrs have 6 kids; all GF fans (apart from have your junk cut off as 6 kids is 6 too many)?
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-08-28 15:32:51
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • For those who missed the presale there will be seats in the stalls section M coming up at 9am on www.stargreen.com. Same view as the VIP package as VisualFallacy mentioned above. £42.50 each. They are a official London ticket agency
    Music Junkie
  • +1 for stargreen. little known and well trusted
  • I've got my fingers crossed for tomorrow. I won't be able to buy anything until I get out from work, so I only can hope to get decent tickets. Gosh, the stress is killing me.
  • Stargreens good ive found.
    I see they also have some arena seats A and B.
    Post edited by thathurt at 2014-08-28 16:53:22
  • Did anyone manage to get any better seats through general release? I tried and came up with nothing closer than what I already booked.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!