Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Royal Albert Hall - 18 Nov 2014
  • 497 Comments sorted by
  • I nearly had a nervous breakdown trying to get mine....8.45am a bloke comes into our office asking to switch the power off....I literally screamed NOOOOOOOOOOOOO at him much to my bosses amusement (shes used to it!).  We managed to negotiate him turning it off at 09.15am instead :) He then asked me who I was trying to get tickets for and when I said Goldfrapp he asked if they were a heavy metal band lol
  • caro said:

There were very few tickets available in the presale, I wouldn't get too down about it. Goldfrapp aren't going to sell out the Royal Albert Hall immediately, obviously they're great, but they're not that 'oh my god we have to get tickets immediately'.  The fact that there are still circle seats available is testament to that.  Don't get too down just yet, when they go on general sale on Friday you'll get tickets. Or someone is bound to have a spare or two. 

Thanks VF, I've been stressed all day because of that. I'll get over it. I just hope Friday will be better. The thing I'm still worried about is that I don't get home until 11 am. But well, let's see what happens. Even if I don't get a very good seat I'll go anyway. Maybe I should start looking for some binoculars.
  • You'll be fine.. no binoculars needed from any part of the auditorium! 
  • You'll be fine.. no binoculars needed from any part of the auditorium! 

Haha, that's actually reassuring, thanks ;)
  • Only circle seats left on the pree sale now. not sure. hmm.Ill try again on friday.
  • FFS Windows XP cant run this site.

Was going to say to Little Bird. OMG power down moment? NOOOO!   '

Yeh they are so metal.

• thathurt said:

FFS Windows XP cant run this site.

Was going to say to Little Bird. OMG power down moment? NOOOO!   '

Yeh they are so metal.

I know lol of all the days/times etc.. I went all slow motion, flaying arms as well ;)

About as heavy metal as you can get huh? I did say to him you would know them if you heard them but then he asked me to start singing......

• btw... shot gun not doing the seating allocations on the seating plan for this one haha. 
  • So, as they say, try to avoid stress first thing in the morning !
    Got on the site 9.00.30. Screen says, 'we are currently handling as many tickets purchases as we can at this moment. This screen will refresh in 20 seconds'.
    It did and I was in with the code. 3 or 4 ticket options , stalls, arena, 2nd tier, but they were vanishing before my eyes. Arena only row M. Quick calc, 13 rows back, Mrs Appy of small stature, check Stalls. Yes, 4 tix, block L, row 10, seats 97, 98, 99 & 100. Hit buy. They VANISH ! No stalls seats left. Check again, only circle seats left to buy 4 No. Block V, seats 79 - 82. They will have to do; sort later, hit buy, yes, tix secured, pay with Paypal.
    The end? No.
    Start to shut down web page when up pops a page with the 4 original stalls seats on it. Can I still buy them? Hit buy. Yes, still sitting there waiting. Pay with Paypal. Eventually receive two emails confirming each purchase.
    So the bottom line is, I have 8 tickets, and the circle ones are surplus. If anyone interested once you have tried all the other options, let me know, otherwise, I pass onto friends or try my luck as a tout on the night.
    No stress in the morning? Yeah, right. Never do a gig pre sale !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

• Appy61 said:

All - I believe UT has 4 circle tickets bought in error - I'll let him fill in the details.

Not in error - desperation !
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-08-27 13:41:22
  • Very envious UT! And am I right in thinking you were at the Kate Bush show last night? I've read about it, sounds awesome. I trust if you have been, you'd post all about it?!
  • No, I was not there but looked at the setlist on Setlist.fm
    Warning. Anyone who does not want to know what she played, stay away from the Kate Bush thread until I get a chance to edit it.
    All clear.  Edited now.  If interested, go to the Kate Bush Before the Dawn thread - concert spoilers within.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-08-27 19:01:24
  • That was a real lottery this morning wasn't it? When the options came up, I immediately went for Arena & 4 tickets. Allocated Block F, Row 10, seats 19-22. No time to check these out so I just purchased them. Luckily, we're close to the middle - just slightly to Charlie's side. Happy with that, as are Laura, Lou and acasu87.

Luckily, the date falls around the time I usually have my last holiday of the year so I'm thanking my lucky stars once again. Good to have something to look forward to in late autumn.
  • I have two amazing gigs that I'm really excited about coming up, all thanks to you Keith! You're a good egg sir! :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!