Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 1299 Comments sorted by
  • Ponygurl said:

Ok, my enquiry is about diet Pepsi. I'm not sure what kind of chemicals are in there, but it really screwed with my brain! I had a huge brain fog, then severe headache after drinking one yesterday. Never again.

Do you usually drink Coke or any beverage with caffeine? It sounds like a migraine. I don't know of any other ingredients that could cause that. But I think any other similar soda could cause the same effect.
    Hope you're feeling better.
  • It's not all it's cracked up to be Pet!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Appy61 said:

It's not all it's cracked up to be Pet!

3D isn't worth the bother/expense?
  • Once the novelty wears off you don't actually notice it and full length feature film seems to strain your eyes - in my opinion. There are some new systems coming out using ultra HD - had it demonstrated by a Samsung chap at John Lewis and looked fantastic until you watched ordinary tele and it was worse than crap! Perhaps when the TV providers take it up it will get better.
  • caro said:

Ponygurl said:

Ok, my enquiry is about diet Pepsi. I'm not sure what kind of chemicals are in there, but it really screwed with my brain! I had a huge brain fog, then severe headache after drinking one yesterday. Never again.

Do you usually drink Coke or any beverage with caffeine? It sounds like a migraine. I don't know of any other ingredients that could cause that. But I think any other similar soda could cause the same effect.
    Hope you're feeling better.

Aw, Thankyou. It was prob the benzene. I usually drink tea & sometimes coffee. Gonna stick with those. At least they're natural. I've been on an iced coffee kick lately.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • I'm wondering what the ice bucket challenge is all about.  It seems to be about people emptying a bucket of cold water over themselves.  Is it just that?  Or is there something else going on?
  • Think that's about it. I wanna say it's stupid and boring now, but as (i think?) it's for charities... I won't.
  • You can see my thoughts on the Rant thread - charity or not!!!
  • Well, it certainly seems stupid.
  • Oh, Pet. Jane is swiftly rising to the top of my 'to read' pile.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-08-29 11:55:59
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Pet said:

I'm wondering what the ice bucket challenge is all about.  It seems to be about people emptying a bucket of cold water over themselves.  Is it just that?  Or is there something else going on?

Trust us Pet. if you are doing the Ice Bucket challenge, there is nothing going on above the neck !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • iuventus said:

Oh, Pet. Jane is swiftly rising to the top of my 'to read' pile.

I hope you enjoy the book.
  • As to the ice bucket challenge, I don't own an ice bucket.  I have a mop bucket.  I really wouldn't want to drench myself with the contents of that.
  • Maybe there should be a guzunder challenge!

Do you have one of those, Peter? (No, I'm not suggesting you should do such a thing with it, yourself.)
  • I think the root cause of all this is the current obsession with celebrity. I have never taken a selfie. I'm never particularly keen to have my photo taken as they always look like someone else, not me. Not as bad as @Minsku though. She bolted out of any photo at Greenwich so fast I considered for a tick if she was a vampire!
    Why would you take a photo of your dinner and stick it up on your Facebook page? Why would your 'friends' then click that they 'like it'? Get a life and some real friends you sad muppets!
    That's what I think is behind a lot of this. It's a form of self validation. 'Look at me. I'm here'!
    Make the best of it. You soon won't be and the world will forget and move on. Sad, but true.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!