Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Greenwich Music Time - 21 Aug 2014
  • 403 Comments sorted by
  • Review in the FT (of all places)
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a37baa5a-29f4-11e4-914f-00144feabdc0.html?siteedition=uk#axzz3BOT2DXsO
    Sums up the gig well - wonderful performance but poor organisation
  • Review in the FT (of all places)
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a37baa5a-29f4-11e4-914f-00144feabdc0.html?siteedition=uk#axzz3BOT2DXsO
    Sums up the gig well - wonderful performance but poor organisation

Paywall :(
    I want to swim your silk black skin to the floor
    On lava moons
    A song of hooves playing loud
  • ^ if you select 'registration' (the brown option) its free :)
  • Thanks Ping - reading now :-)
    On lava moons
  • 'Dirty Glam Stomp' (Train). Like it !
    And they are right about the seated audience. How many times had that been wrong this tour ?
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-08-25 10:47:04
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I had family stuff on and had to resign myself to not going ... but as with many London gigs I've been to recently it's just as well, I would have started out in the wrong mood and ended up all Klaatu! Barada! Nikto! after the first song. Cos I don't think security should be the only ones allowed to have fun with cattle prods.

Really pleased for everybody who managed to transcend their inner monster and get something good out of the gig.
  • KatRobin said:

That's great HJ- well done and I don't mind at all....but HOW!! How come you can upload from Flickr but I can't? Answers on a postcard please!

Hi Kat as you know I run a Mac and things have indeed changed with various updates. Try this (if I can remember correctly) in Flickr go to your photostream click 'edit' you'll then see all your pics in edit mode. Hover over the pic you want and 'Ctrl' click to show the dropdown menu click on copy URL and go through the usual stuff on the GMB. Let me know how you get on.

Post edited by Appy61 at 2014-08-26 03:02:12
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Hello - new to the forum and dare I tell you...new to Goldfrapp! I hadn't taken any notice of Goldfrapp until I happened to put Glastonbury on, and I was immediately mesmerised. Bought all the cds and travelled down to Greenwich. Aside from a terrible ticketing fiasco where I got duplicated seats we had an awesome time! I am hooked! I have some photos but they aren't on a website so I can't seem to attach them....ooh, it's 9.00, time for the new live news!!!
    Thanks for having me : )
  • Hi Hausmaus!  :-)
    On lava moons
  • Welcome Hausmaus. Happy Frapping ! :D
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Hugs for Hausmaus ((((!!!))))
  • Welcome Hausmaus!

@NovaLasing... you can now rest assured your first sending-of-an-invite worked! Thanks for doing that.

Hausmaus... did the joining thing ask you a frapp-related question? :-)
  • Hello hausmaus! Better late than never ;)
    Are you coming RAH?
  • I want to swim your silk black skin to the floor
    On lava moons
  • So exciting - the RAH is such a great venue. The 2008 7T gig there was really memorable.
    And even better, the set list will be more like Manchester:
    "The show will see the 20-piece orchestra and choir join Alison Goldfrapp and Will Gregory to perform their sixth studio album, 2013′s Tales of Us, in its entirety, as well as a selection of other Goldfrapp favourites."
    So a chance to hear Ulla, Simone & Laurel again :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!