Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Greenwich Music Time - 21 Aug 2014
  • 403 Comments sorted by
  • Yay!  Snailband has come through.  Below is a vid of Train from Thursday night, so this is when we all stormed the front and I got a better angle, and I was standing.
    Just checked and this makes 12 Goldfrapp vids on Mrs UT's channel. No Muse curiously.  I must have these on a drive somewhere.  Enjoy !

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • great videos and pics UT !

• much enjoyed the YELLOW HALO vid on youtube.....that was my birthday 8/21....and that sounded amazing......
  • Back again with my whinging moaning head on lol! Well......since the restoration / cock-up of my Mac and having to use the Mavericks OS, everything has gone boobs up. I've followed your advice UT re Flickr, but it just aint happening for me :( For some ridiculous reason I cannot right click on pictures, with or without mouse, and cannot then copy or export them, no sirree. So, I shall email you a handful of pics personally in a mo UT, and would be grateful if you could post them on my behalf. Fantastic work with your own pics and videos tho! What camera were you using?

To the others we met at The Old Brewery, sorry folks, I'm sure UT will help out. I'm going to give up with all this technology. I know my place. Back with the cabbages and steam power. Hmm.
  • ^ Looking fwd to seeing those. UT will help you out, I'm sure. (I haven't used Flickr for years so can't advise on that, myself).

David (DCBaxter on here) has uploaded a fantastic album of pics to Facebook... 7 of Alison and 14 of Frappers. Includes various GMBers playing with a theremin! Well worth a look if you're a member on there.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-08-24 10:18:36
  • A Lumix (Panasonic) DMC-TZ60. It replaces an earlier Lumix and is, IMHO, the canines cohunes of a pocket camera. It has an 18Mb sensor, a 30x zoom capability, will shoot in RAW format and has a small electronic viewfinder which you can look through when shooting to compose your shoots rather than staring at an LCD screen like a twat.
    There are some other tricks I have learnt to taking pics at gigs if anyone is interested. Shoot at 800 ASA, any more, the pics are too grainy. Set the camera to a minimum shutter speed of 1/30th of a second or 1/15th if you have steady hands. This stops the camera trying to take pics at really show shutter speeds and avoids those blurry lines. Compose your shot in the camera viewfinder with the lens part depressed to lock the focus and exposure then be patient until you get your subjects in the required positions then depress all the way. This removes the camera lag you often get and your subjects have moved out if the pose you intended. Always zoom in as best you can to the final image you want and not take a wide shot and then crop later. This concentrates all those little Mb pixels of the image into what you want and not 2/3rds of an image you later discard. Finally, invest in a copy of Photoshop Elements at least and process your images, cropping and adjusting as necessary to make the best of what you got. Think of those files like negatives and photoshop editing like dodging and burning!
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-08-24 08:06:08
  • Interesting UT...you have the same camera as me. My pics have made me happy but they're not as slick as yours! I'm gonna email you one of Alison tho that I was / am particularly pleased with....she looks so foxy lol!
  • Great pics and videos UT so thanks for posting. They'll help whenever I need a pick-me-up. Looking forward to seeing KatRobin's pics too.
  • Erté, anyone?

"Tales of Maus"
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-08-24 14:36:00
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • David - your pictures are amazing. You should be employed!! Shame we missed the group pic ( I suppose!) ...but may post one eventually of us 2 if I ever get to grips with it all. Thanks for sharing. X
  • imageimage
    Post edited by KatRobin at 2014-08-24 12:22:35
  • KatRobin said:

David - your pictures are amazing. You should be employed!

Long ago, I presumed that photography was his career.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Ok....(sighs wearily....). Having had no success (still hoping that UT might come good for me!?), all I can suggest is that any of the good people who gathered at The Old Brewery and would like to see the pics I took of you (there were only 2), maybe you could send me a PM then I can give you my personal email address and send you an email with pic attachments. 
    Bows out backwards with head low in shame...
    xx
  • KatRobin said:

Ok....(sighs wearily....). Having had no success (still hoping that UT might come good for me!?), all I can suggest is that any of the good people who gathered at The Old Brewery and would like to see the pics I took of you (there were only 2), maybe you could send me a PM then I can give you my personal email address and send you an email with pic attachments. 

Bows out backwards with head low in shame...
    xx

@KatRobin
    The first pic you sent with more people in it is a very small file, unlike the 2nd one, which is fine, but with less people in it. Can you recheck and send the first one again? As you took them at the same time, both files should be the same size.
  • great photos David !

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!