Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Greenwich Music Time - 21 Aug 2014
  • 403 Comments sorted by
  • Hee hee!
    I want to swim your silk black skin to the floor
    On lava moons
    A song of hooves playing loud
  • I so needed that dance! All these seated cinema events have been torturous. Good work folks. Xxx
  • Me and Big Bird are here 3 rows from front at NE end:) Met Mr and Mrs UT and thanks for the sweets :)

A gentleman always keeps a lady happy!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Mrs UT & I ( just waiting for Ponygurl.........) had a wonderful time. It was great meeting those of you that we did. Always interesting to put a face to the names and see just how close your mental image was to reality. ( you all did very well !)
    IMHO, that was a fantastic gig. So different to have a chatty Alison, even if she was in her thermals. 2nd mike behaved itself and I thought Hazel gave a slightly different interpretation to some of the songs. Not better, just different ( put that knife down Sally !) if and when Angie is not available, she is good enough for me.
    Looking forward to more GMB views and humour and seeing you all again sometime.
    Take care now.
    Nick & Lisa AKA Mr & Mrs Urban Tribesman. (Gotta have that vintage Tee washed now !)
  • It was a crap seating position and the stage was not as well lit as usual but...
    2nd Mike behaves himself for a change

Alison pulls some of Charlie's strings.

Finally, for now, Alison, in her thermals

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-08-23 18:28:12
  • Wow, great pics, UT! :-)

Any setlist surprises?
  • omg her hair....so hot

• Great pics UT. I never seem to get round to uploading any. Im glad I went as we werent as far back as it looked. Was beyond squashed tho. Few staff and seating not clear so wouldnt have found my seat without VFs knowledge of the seating plan.

Set list as expected but it was still awesome. I don't. Get bored of the live set thankfully. Rain didnt come to much. Its a nice setting but doesnt have the ambience of Somerset house tho. Planes poping over. But the music drowned em out. Alison didnt spend the whole evening telling the sound guy to turn something up for a change. I missed the support band

Im not saying anything about the keyboard player.

it dawned on me that this would be the last frapp gig this year prob. O.o

Lovely to meet up with everyone again as I don't have many mates who go to gigs these days.
  • it was a great gig, as always. and it was lovely to meet up with so many people.
  • Good morning all! Bluuuurgh....!! What a fantastic evening! I'm sure Alison and the Band bowed out of the tour with a big grin, we certainly did, it was fantastic. So lucky to have had good seats too ( tho if I had of taken a brolly I might have used it on the annoying bloke who kept guffawing behind me for the first half of the set.....).
    It was lovely to have met the GMB crowd, thank you for your friendliness >:D< . I shall post the group photo I took sometime later today I hope, if I'm still awake...we got home by 2 but rudely awoken by the dust men at 6 X_X .......

Ps if Alison WAS wearing thermals they were pretty invisible !
  • By the way- I'm curious to know what other folks will be doing with their VIP passes. Prize for the most creative suggestion!
  • Morning all!
    Well we got home just after 1am so glad I booked today off work. Was lovely to finally meet so many of you (mass meet up at the Old Brewery) and see some of you again. Seats weren't as hideous as I had first feared but very squashed and we had a bunch of gay chaps in front threatening to kick off as they got told to be quiet (yes!!!) by another couple. We also had a couple next too me and my cousin who spent the whole gig chatting and swilling down champagne. In fact the amount of talking around us was unbearable at times :(. I don't understand why people do that?! So rude and disrespectful to the band and bloody annoying for us fans.
    Alison and the band were on fine form and great set list - my cousin (his first Frapp gig) was totally blown away. Also had great fun watching Alison and the band up in the building to the left before the gig, she kept peeking out the window at us shivering below :)
  • Good to hear your stories people. Not envious AT ALL! lol ;-)

Looking foward to your pictures. Did David manage to take some group shots?

• A great gig overall, and good to meet other GMBers.  Soo cold for London in August but thankful
    the rain held off.

Excellent to see it was sold out (4000 people) but it was a more
    than full house – some seats were double booked leaving some understandably
    irate customers. The organisers clearly didn’t anticipate the dancing and rush
    to the front for the second half of the gig. Fantastic performance from all the
    band, though the sound wasn’t as good as other open air venues like Somerset
    House– it was fine for the quieter songs but got mushy and distorted once the
    wick was turned up. Review:  http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/reviews/goldfrapp-old-royal-naval-college-gig-review-9685263.html

Post edited by NovaLasing at 2014-08-22 07:38:10
  • Grrrrr  Im having difficulties uploading from Flickr again! Since my machine got reconfigured / restored there've been changes....Bear with me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!