Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Greenwich Music Time - 21 Aug 2014
  • 403 Comments sorted by
  • Nah you're not! I entered that music magpie comp but didn't win. Spare a thought for me in row T allllllllllllll byyyyy myyyyseeeeeeeeeeeelllllllf as well :P
    I want to swim your silk black skin to the floor
    On lava moons
    A song of hooves playing loud
  • CaravanGirl leaving the building (to catch the plane) in 30 minutes. OMGSOEXCITED.
    It'll be FAB to see you all again, "old" & "new" !!!  :D
  • Who else IS VIP, though, BTW? I am...
  • The only ones who have confirmed that they've got the VIP 'meal deal' are Caravan Girl, Giancarlo, Katrobin & Catherine, Mode Devotion, Laura & myself. I suspect there are more. I can't remember if getting a seat near the front, as so many of us are, involved getting a VIP ticket that included said 'meal deal'. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
    As this kicks off at 5pm and will probably take a couple of hours or so, I'm guessing that the support act will be on around 7/7.30 with Goldfrapp on stage any time from 8.30 onwards. But this is just a guess!

There'll be quite a few from the GMB having their food & drink in the Old Brewery Bar prior to the gig and I'm aiming to be there for 3.30pm.

Hopefully, those who can will meet up in the same bar after the gig.

As for Friday, the only way I could meet up for lunch is if the venue is Gatwick airport! I have an early afternoon flight home. I wish it was later, as I like to postpone the inevitable, but alas the booking has been made.

Oh well, here's to a wonderful (electric) Thursday. :)
  • Ill be in the pub b4 the gig hopefully. Unless my trains bolloxed. Ill prob "miss" the support act if the pubs nice and I drink big drinks slowly anyway. Ill be recovering from learning a new job so need at least a pint due to stress.

Sally, didn't know u drank ;)
  • Sounds like fun. Wish I was there too. Anyway, have a great time y'all!
  • According to their Twitter the start of the show is at 7pm!
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • Hello everyone. st185cs (Mark & Jayne) here having crawled out from under a Ramsgate stone. Hope you all have a frapulous time tomorrow and see you there, in the pub before, after and on cloud nine.

Does anyone know the crack with cameras for this venue? Tempted to risk a DSLR if their history is light touch only... Ta peeps.
  • Short piece on BBC London News re the Greenwich gigs.  No Goldfrapp featured but thought some of you might want to see stills of what appears to be the seating set-up.image
  • st185cs said:

Hello everyone. st185cs (Mark & Jayne) here having crawled out from under a Ramsgate stone. Hope you all have a frapulous time tomorrow and see you there, in the pub before, after and on cloud nine.

Does anyone know the crack with cameras for this venue? Tempted to risk a DSLR if their history is light touch only... Ta peeps.

Restrictions & Prohobitions - 4. PROFESSIONAL CAMERA or VISUAL RECORDING EQUIPMENT (Small hand held personal cameras without enhanced lenses are permitted).
  • Mrs T and I are planning to leave home around midday, drive to Westfield, avoid the shops (difficult) and get across to Greenwich for a look round the old Naval college. Will try for the brewery around 4 to 4.30. Look out for that U T tee shirt. No VIP tickets for us :(
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • For the music anoraks amongst us, if you have time to kill you might want to visit Music & Video Exchange, the secondhand vinyl / CD / DVD etc shop just next to St Alfege Church in the town center.  Over the years I've spent a FORTUNE in the place.  Downstairs is exceedingly cheap.
  • softlad said:

Restrictions & Prohobitions - 4. PROFESSIONAL CAMERA or VISUAL RECORDING EQUIPMENT (Small hand held personal cameras without enhanced lenses are permitted).

.....enhanced! Well, the mind boggles. Thanks softlad, IOU a bevvy la.
  • I'm like a child on chrimbo eve...one more sleep
  • Wahooooo! Me too! Great pics and info, thank you for that. While Catherine is stressing over what to wear I'm having a brandy and chilling out- will I notice tomorrow even if there's a blizzard?! Don't think so!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!