Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  •  The torrent downloads the file in FLV format , which is basically an MP4 - it just needs to be turned into an MP4 for telly-usbstick-playing-backing . Not all FLVs convert losslessly , this guide is for the FLVs mentioned from Dime .

Go to http://www.videohelp.com/tools/XMedia-Recode  and download/install XMedia Recode
    Startup the XMedia Recode program , load up the FLV into it (using Open File button , top left) .

Further down the page , change the drop down selectors to these selections (Profile , Format & File Extension) - 

At the foot of the page , select where you wish to save your new MP4 files

Go to the video tab and change the drop down selector for Mode to "Copy" (from "Convert")

It`ll then look like this - 

Then go to the Audio tab and change the mode to "Copy" from "Convert"

Then go to the top row of icons and press "Add Job" , then press the icon two spaces to its right "Encode"

Hey presto , the in progress box will come up and within 10-15 seconds , its done and you`ll have the MP4 losslessly converted from FLV in your paws .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2014-07-10 12:35:38
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • Nice one... ta for providing that.

Something I haven't known how to do before.
  • Something I didn't know COULD be done! Many thanks Sartori!
  • If you need to edit the file , ie cut out gumpf from start or end . On the Filters/Preview tab , move the slider to where you want or press the play button , then pause and then press the "Set Start Frame" or "Set End Frame" buttons .

"Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Even more info! Brainsplody!!!

Thank you Sartori. Will try this out with a copy of the precious file.
  • Haha , you`re welcome :) , it looks complicated but after you do it once , you`ll get it forever. The program does a lot more but these are the main things I use it for , sometimes I want individual bits of live videos on my phone and use this to carve them up .

This guide isn`t for the video I uploaded , its for the video from Dime if anyone needs it as MP4 .
  • Excellent work sir!

I've been using FLVExtract to de-mux and rebuild for years and whilst it's been pretty great I've had issues with recent BBC flash rips like the T In The Park stuff - the audio was shifting out of synch.

Just tried your pick and it's done the job spot on.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • As I just confirmed (to my delight)... it also extracts from mkv files. :-)
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-07-16 14:42:27

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!