Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 1299 Comments sorted by
  • iuventus said:

No.

I beg to differ.  Symbolism exists in people's heads, not out in the real tangible world.  At some point in the past, somebody made up every last bit of symbolism.  Symbolism may be widely recognised, or it may not exist outside a single person's head.  It may be recently made up, or it may have been made up thousands of years ago.  In the case of Buddhist symbolism, nobody could have made it up before Buddha's time, so it's not older than about 2,500 years.  (Although some of it may have antedated that time, with somewhat different significance.)  The hawk, which we may still see on the Egyptian flag, is a symbol dating back more than 5,000 years.  The validity of symbolism is another question.  That depends on how much of a chord it strikes with people, rather than how old it is.  Someone somewhere may be making up some perfectly valid symbolism as I write this post.
  • Two words; anal bleaching. How the fuck does one do that?? And wouldn't it burn???? omg.
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• Pet said:

iuventus said:

Pet said: In the case of Buddhist symbolism, nobody could have made it up before Buddha's time, so it's not older than about 2,500 years.  (Although some of it may have antedated that time, with somewhat different significance.) 

I tend to believe that Buddhism is a straight extrapolation from the Tao.  And, as much as I used to admire Buddhism, the Tao is much more on target, though very difficult to comprehend.  I always make the recommendation of reading two different translations.  It really clarifies things alot.  It is so profound as to stagger the mind.  That puts it about 4,000 years ago, depending on which chronology one uses.  It fascinates me that  the Chinese never really delved into the whole god scenario or, at least, they weren't foolish enough to believe that any human could pin that entity down to any great extent.  One could say that The Tao is god but I would say it is Serendipity.  And, that's almost as cryptic as the Tao is.  The Tao, by the way, aligns pretty well with my own developed belief in Serendipity.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-06-19 21:58:50
  • I'd like to ask about, jaw fatigue, tips/tricks, when giving multiple head, and for the ladies when they're whistling Dixie. In other words, make me a whore.
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• banana said:

...make me a whore.

Shall I send bus fare?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • ^@iuventus: I'm sensing you may need to release your tension. You have, what they call in slang, a Swedish Headache. MMMMMmmmmmm honey i'd have you shaking like a fish on a hook! SHOOT YOUR SHOT !
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• I'm all bark.
    Post edited by rewak at 2014-06-20 23:30:35
  • ^
    I spent a few days on the Gulf Coast in Crystal Springs (FL) went snorkeling and canoeing and I also saw white peacocks, which made me think of Ponygurls post so I took some crappy photos for you:) I'm trying to post them now but it doesn't seem to be working. I'll try again from my laptop tomorrow.
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-06-26 00:15:30
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • A! Good to  smell  have you back.
  • So, if it's a sure thing, and I've already been halfway there, am I still 'on the pull'?
  • What in the F are you on about iuv?!
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Doesn't matter. I've pulled this one off. He gets off work in nine minutes. I'm checking out for the next several hours, bitchizzzzz!
  • A_is_A said:

^
    I spent a few days on the Gulf Coast in Crystal Springs (FL) went snorkeling and canoeing and I also saw white peacocks, which made me think of Ponygurls post so I took some crappy photos for you:) I'm trying to post them now but it doesn't seem to be working. I'll try again from my laptop tomorrow.

Aw, sweet A! I've never been. Florida really does have some interesting places to visit. I kayak the lakes around here, although I still freak out about alligators. I recently snorkeled Weikiva Springs and was intimidated by the size of the plecostomus (giant sucker/algae eater) fish. They were congregating around the mouth of the spring and I felt like I was on an episode of "River Monsters." I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday A! I was thinking they used to film "Tarzan" there...but read it was Silver Springs. I guess the peacock should be the state bird, they used to eat them back in the "olden" days, Haha!
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • ^ it's the national bird of India. In Hinduism it represents the god of thunder, rain and war.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!