Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales Of The Lesbian Serial Killer
  • 46 Comments sorted by
  • If by murder you mean...
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • That was stunning! Menacing and wonderful. :)
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • Thank you, but I haven't even revealed it yet.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-10-13 03:37:25
  • Actually I could have meant that the other way round...

would you like to message me joey? I feel the need to be menaced
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Hey! I'll be administering the menacings around here.
  • boner? what? just helping 

• I was every so slightly disappointed Stranger was all women, i mean it's a good video and all fair enough but a little variety in the sexes wouldn't have hurt y'know? It felt pretty reminiscent of My Summer of Love actually, except shit actually happened.
  • All the videos are available if you know where to look. I don't have links but there are people on facebook and twitter watching them.

• Jo is really terrifying and I'm suprised it's not black and white.

Stranger is disturbing. I didn't mean the "you'll be killing me tenderly" to be that way, it was metaphoric to me. The achievement is really good though.

Concerning Laurel, this one is kind of boring... All the lyrics don't totally stick to it, at least this part "strange how he's cold behind the smile, an angry mind" which doesn't appear in the video. It should've gone closer to the movie.

To conclude : I really like the movies even if they doesn't really fit to the lyrics. Those won't make me think of the songs differently because I prefer my own interpretation of them. Simone would've been much more interesting to adapt, a shame.
  • @Vesper I agree, I was a little surprised at the plots for the movies. They've pushed some boundaries, and added a whole new layer to the album. And of course they are beautiful. Alison has never looked so good. what's even more surprising is that I was right on track with my Thea video, even down to having an axe scene in it. 

Laurel is very veiled, and seems to be shot from the POV of the killer/voyeur, which makes it even more chilling. There are some subtle mysteries in there...

• Sparky said:

Laurel is very veiled, and seems to be shot from the POV of the killer/voyeur, which makes it even more chilling. There are some subtle mysteries in there...

You got a point !
  • Ok, back to Jo. I've watched it again and it reminds me of Cat People meets The Shining! She's looking all "possessed" with the ax in hand.

Interesting side note- Did you know that Stanley Kubrick's "ax scene" in The Shining was actually an homage to a 1921 film called The Phantom Carriage? I know...cool right? In the Stephen King book, a croquet mallet was used...not an ax! Take a lookie-
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2014-06-17 00:11:24
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • ^ I did know that yes, the phantom carriage had a big influence on the work of ingmar Bergman as well, who in turn has also influenced Alison. It's all interconnected. :)
  • Ponygurl said: In the Stephen King book, a croquet mallet was used...not an ax! 

A croquet mallet is definitely less frightening than an axe.  I find it hard to think of croquet mallets without reference to the flamingos used for the purpose in
    Alice.
  • My diagnosis of lyrics and film images; there is a female serial killer who stalks and falls in love with her intended victims. The songs are love songs to her victims.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!