Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Has anyone heard if Goldfrapp will be performing live in America?
  • I guess the title explains it. Sometimes members here on the board , especially Carpy, HJ, A is A, through tweets may pick up bits of news.

And of course the question of if Goldfrapp tour live, where will the band be playing. I have a wish they play at Disney's state of the art symphony music hall.

Where would you wish they will tour? x
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• 9 Comments sorted by
  • I'm sure Alison recently said they would have loved to tour NA but they couldn't.....one of the latest interviews I think.....
  • If Goldfrapp and Mute/EMI could afford to tour the US for every single one of their prior albums - even a small tour for Head First - the fact that a US tour probably isn't happening now is really disappointing.  I wonder if departing EMI for the newly independent Mute has made touring more costly for the band.  Given that the band had a recording deal (not a 360 Live Nation/RocNation style deal) with EMI, does anyone know if EMI would have essentially paid for their prior tours or were Alison and Will always paying out of pocket?  

Either way, it's a fucking shame that a US tour doesn't make economic sense for them  - assuming that's the reason - given that their prior tours here have seemed to go so well.  Alison's commented - both at gigs I've attended in Southern California and NY, and in interviews - that their American fans are really demonstrative and high energy audiences.  I have such fond memories of seeing them at the tiniest of venues - like the now departed Knitting Factory to the massive Hollywood Bowl.  Hopefully North American fans will get to make some new 'frapp memories.  
  • Banana...Pineapple...now I'm confused about who is who. Which one of you is the hot cowboy?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I could be a hawt cowboy. If the price was correct?
  • Please don't bring that up, I needed the money.
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• The UT's and Appy's will be there if they ever play the Beacon NY.
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Before I die I'd love to go to a Goldfrapp gig.
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• If Goldfrapp and Mute/EMI could afford to tour the US for every single one of their prior albums - even a small tour for Head First - the fact that a US tour probably isn't happening now is really disappointing.

It's more to do with US festivals inviting them to perform, which takes a nice chunk of the financial stuff off them, but no festivals have this time. As far as i know the labels haven't put any money into touring since Supernature, the band pay for it themselves, they have a registered company specifically for it.
    Post edited by rewak at 2014-06-12 11:31:52
  • Perhaps we should have whip round and promote our own gig!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!