Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp scans & photos
  • 335 Comments sorted by
  • Found these while going through some old drives.  I must go through them all and publish the photos I have to Flickr.
    These are from the Hammersmith Odeon gig before last on the Head First tour

Alison finally finds a use for those old video tapes.

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-04-26 10:25:27
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • A more recent one from Electronic Beats interview:

Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-05-21 14:49:44
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Me and Alison in 2006. Camera kept screwing up - we had to re-pose for this several times!
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-05-21 20:59:30
  • You're a smart one! You clever devil. It's a really cute photo.
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-05-21 21:18:10
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Hehe, Alison was certainly "dressed down". The pipe was a kind of prop or gimmick that she pinched off Will I think.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-05-21 21:18:39
  • Very cute. I'd love to see more fan photos. Dreeke has some nice ones too.
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-05-21 21:19:25
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • It's a drag i missed out on tours for previous albums! That time must have been a ball. I'm waiting for the time machine :D
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Tomorrow I'll dig out the one where Alison is signing my underpants.

And no, I (sadly) was not wearing them at the time!

Yes, dreeke's got quite a few with Alison... And Angie too. :-)
  • Hey maybe you would know...In the early days of Felt Mountain, who were the band, do you know? The keyboardist before Angie and the violinist before Davide? It's a bit random, i know but, I just saw footage of some early Felt Mountain concert in France, back when Will would be onstage all the time and now I'm curious.
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-05-21 21:27:30
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • ^ Davide's been around since FM, and they had a regular drummer (rowan Oliver) that played with them through FM, BC & SN. Otherwise I don't think any of the other musicians from FM live have stuck (for live shows anyhow). Do you have the wonderful electric DVD? There's some names in there of the other musicians :)
  • I do somewhere. But this concert was way before anything Wonderful Electric. It was Felt Mountain, it's somewhere in France and Alison is wearing a sequined butterfly blouse and jeans, I'll see if I can find it again to post.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • ^ yeah but on disc 2 is the shepards bush gig that was filmed when touring FM, before BC. i dug it out anyhow, and the credits say: 

rowan oliver - drums, octapad, viola
    davide rossi - violin
    andy davis - keyboard, guitar
    paul clarvis - percussion
    wilfred d gibson - strings
    timothy good - strings
    michael mcmememy - strings
    david ogden - strings
    and will is on stage too.

i think the shepards bush gig is filmed 2001, it doesn't say on the credits that i could see, anyhow the earliest live video i have of them is filmed november 2000, on stage with alison is will, rowan oliver, andy davis and i'm not sure who the violinist is (he didn't last long though cause Davide was there after the new year.)

i was just thinking about this and watching those early vids, something stirred in me.... i may have to have a lay down...
    :x
  • No?
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • You're thinking of the Hotel d'Albret performance

Not the earliest though, there was the Tunnel in Milano when they had a different guy

And a performance of Lovely Head on Canal+ with a female violinist

• i'm thinking of the Milano tunnel gig as the earliest one i've seen, i have the dvd, thats my youtube you linked to :)

davide was in the live band by 2001, thats him in the paris footage above and he's playing at the shepards bush gig which was 2001 (i think). 

so in summation AisA i dunno who was in the band before davide haha 
    Post edited by ping at 2014-06-12 13:07:29

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!