Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
B-Sides... best to worst
  • 56 Comments sorted by
  • By the way, does All Night Op come in two parts?
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • 1. Yes Sir
    2. Beautiful 
    3. Big Black Cloud, Little White Lie
    4. UK Girls (Physical)
    5. Gone To Earth
    6. Winter Wonderland
    7. White Soft Rope
    8.  We Radiate
    9.  It's Not Over Yet
    10. All Night Operator (Part 1)
    11. Boys Will Be Boys 
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • It's Not Over Yet is hardly a b-side. I don't even consider that to even exist in their discography. It's sooo boring.
  • OhMuseYou said:

It's Not Over Yet is hardly a b-side. I don't even consider that to even exist in their discography. It's sooo boring.

Perhaps a studio version would change that.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • OhMuseYou said:

It's Not Over Yet is hardly a b-side. I don't even consider that to even exist in their discography. It's sooo boring.

I like it  :(
  • 1. Beautiful
    2. Yes Sir
    3.  We Radiate
    4. Winter Wonderland
    5. Gone To Earth
    6. All Night Operator (Part 1)
    7. Boys Will Be Boys 
    8. UK Girls (Physical)
    9.  It's Not Over Yet
    10. Big Black Cloud, Little White Lie
    11. White Soft Rope
    Aaron
    facebook.com/omgitsaaronnnx
  • Gone To Earth is such a beautiful downer.
  • ^sometimes i even think Gone To Earth is my favourite GF track of all.
  • @whisperit ditto. When I listen to it, I'm taken to the middle of the Universe.
  • ^exactly. its a dreamworld that goes on forever...
  • whisperit said:

^exactly. its a dreamworld that goes on forever...

Does it ever make you wanna cry?
  • i love every b-side....some of their most interesting work......big black cloud is such an amazing rework of tiptoe.....gone to earth sends me....white soft rope is super Rosemary's Baby amazing....and the rest....just stellar....
  • i don't know if i can list them but i think i can definitely say yes sir and all night operator are my favorites.

i actually didn't pay much attention to the latter originally but i have been listening to it a lot lately and it's brilliant, and i feel a bit dumb for ignoring it. oops
  • Would anyone know why it's called 'Part 1'? Is there 'Part 2' somewhere?
  • 1. Gone To Earth [9/10]
    2. Beautiful [9/10]
    3. We Radiate [8/10]
    4. It's Not Over Yet [8/10]
    * (Yellow Halo [8/10])
    5. UK Girls (Physical) [8/10]
    * (Melancholy Sky [7/10])
    6. Yes Sir [7/10]
    7. Big Black Cloud, Little White Lie [6/10]
    8. All Night Operator, Part 1 [6/10]
    9. Winter Wonderland [6/10]
    10. White Soft Rope [5/10]
    11. Boys Will Be Boys [4/10]

* If we counted these as b-sides, they would be placed here.

I love b-sides normally, because it gives an artist the opportunity to be a bit more creative. However, generally speaking, Goldfrapp's b-sides have never excited me. They aren't tracks I sought out or hunt down, unlike other artists.
    I hope that you die in a decent pair of shoes
    You got a lot more walking to do where you're going to.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!