Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Everything Apple thread (no, not the Fuji apples)
  • A couple of curious tidbits:

Apple computer was my first ever computer (thank you, dad). Had a privilege of not using anything else in my life. Love to beta-test Apple products.

Currently, beta-testing iOS 7 and Mac OS X Mavericks.

The new iTunes Radio:

What about you?
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • 8 Comments sorted by
  • After putting up with years of pc garbage (seriously, any pc is built to break down within months so you have to give more money to the manufacturers of the multiple different parts inside of it, be it "repairs" or a replacement system) and countless horrid situations, I saved and saved, and after customizing through their online store, I'm currently typing on a brand new 27 inch iMac worth about $3500 with all the upgrades. Was it expensive? Yes. A little excessive? Probably. But I sleep well at night knowing I have a reliable system which will simply not slow down or be bogged down in the most simplistic tasks. It's my first Apple computer and considering I had it built to last 10 years minimum (which it will given the incredible quality control and reliability of the parts inside) it will likely serve me for a long time.

Even just got an iPhone 5, and took my old 1st gen Samsung Galaxy and put it in a blender for good time's sake. So worth it 
    \:D/

But to those of you considering an Apple computer and don't have alot of coin, a macbook air for $999 will more than be capable of basic needs, otherwise I'd go with either the high end 21 inch iMac or low end 27 inch iMac. It's a wise investment.
  • I converted to Mac and generally Apple ecosystem earlier this year - laptop, desktop, tablet, etc. 

I'm a very experienced Windows user (and developer) so I don't experience "slow downs" of Windows etc - but I got tired of various idiosyncrasies of Windows 8, and it was time to upgrade and I wanted good quality hardware and good tech support (that does not involve me sending my stuff away to China for weeks/months for it to come back even more destroyed). Add to that the fact that I live close to Apple store - and the choice was fairly obvious. 

So I am now on nearly all Apple hardware, and use OS X and Windows fairly equally (OS X for entertainment; Windows - for work). My mobile devices are mostly Apple, and one HTC (for work).

It is nice to be able to just relax and use my computer(s), and have it to "just work". I never had that with PCs. And I love my iPad - it is awesome.
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • As for iOS 7 and OS X Mavericks - I'm a registered Apple dev, so I can try those; but I want to wait for later beta builds, as while I like what I see A LOT, I don't want to potentially ruin my peaceful Mac experience by testing unfinished stuff (and I think iBooks is not included in first beta of Mavericks).
    Post edited by alex_f at 2013-06-22 21:38:05
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • alex_f said:

As for iOS 7 and OS X Mavericks - I'm a registered Apple dev, so I can try those; but I want to wait for later beta builds, as while I like what I see A LOT, I don't want to potentially ruin my peaceful Mac experience by testing unfinished stuff (and I think iBooks is not included in first beta of Mavericks).

Correct, iBooks is not included in the first beta. I really look forward to it though.

Thanks for the interesting stories, guys.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • OMG OMG OMG

iOS 7 beta 2 is rumored to be out TODAY!!!!!!!!
  • Beta 2 is out! Downloading...
  • im getting closer and closer to actually getting myself a new mac. i had an iBook, im currently on a black macbook i got from ebay for pennies. but need something a little more powerful. got my eye on a macbook pro...

does anyone here have a macbook air?
  • Well, that was fun.  What will I do next?  Hmmm, "Burn down the cornfield" might do.  Anyone know that reference?  Great song.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!