Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Lies, damned lies and statistics - The gigs and Goldfrapp Covers
  • 33 Comments sorted by
  • This is one of the stats pages from Setlist.fm if anyone is interested.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Band of Skulls covered "Strict Machine"  Not sure if it was on stage.  Probably not.
    Stereophonics covered "Oo La La" on stage (2007?)

That's about all I could find.  My apologies if they are repeats.
  • No repeats WW. Only know of the Suzi Quatro and Fratellis at the moment. Will look up the Sterophonics.
  • Nice spot WW. It was there, but mistakenly labeled as a Faces cover, possibly because they had Ronnie Wood on stage that night and someone can't tell the Stones from their Goldfrapp's. Not any more ! All corrected.
    This is it. No video, just stills.

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-05-02 19:21:01
  • Hey WW. Also correct about the Band of Skulls but no sign of them doing it live.  Here is the video of the cover though.

• Not a cover in the strictist sense, but a mash-up by someone called, well, mashup on YouTube, blending together Let it Take You (the music) with Pharrell Williams Happy (the lyrics).

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-05-02 19:46:12
  • Glad I could help.  But, honestly?  I really like Goldfrapp versions of everything best, though the BoS "Strict Machine" ain't too shabby.
  • Hey WW. I agree GF do them best but I think it is a nice compliment that other artists want to cover the songs. It is a sort of artistic respect as I see it. Anyway, we have to talk about something ! Every days a school day!
  • I have a Punk/Glam/Rockabilly band called James Straight and the Wide Stance and being such big Goldfrapp fans we wanted to try and cover "something" so for a while we encored our shows with the Rolling Stones cover by way of Slim Harpo of Shake Your Hips and we would add a section of Ohh La La into the end bit, We called our version Shake Your Ohh La La. Every once and a while someone would approach me after and ask if that was a Goldfrapp song, so some people got it. Here is a You Tube clip of it if members are interested.

• Ahem

I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Nice find LuDux. Ahem indeed.
    Antonella Lo Coco from Italian X Factor. Here's a sexy studio version
    http://youtu.be/Yevvw2UI6RI

And here is her performing it at Italian X Factor. Even copied it down to the style of the back projection. I expected a Wolf Boy to pop up at any minute !

"Strict Machine" performed at Italian X Factor from Goldfrapp on Vimeo.

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-05-07 18:26:40
  • You know, watching this from Antonella, it makes you realise just what a fantastic set of pipes Alison has.
    To quote someone who goes by the name 'Mr Discopop' (has a blog - look it up) :
    'She is the most fearless, accomplished pop vocalist of our generation. And quite possibly the next'.
    Praise indeed, especially as he is dead right !
  • the difference in quality between Alison and an average singer is embarrassing ... It' like to see Bolt running against a little baby that have just learned to walk
  • It is a breath-taking difference.  Especially when it comes to modern music where even caterwauling is allowed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!