Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What's your Favourite Live Track ?
  • 67 Comments sorted by
  • "Melancholy Sky" live is a lot better than the studio version.
  • Alan said:

Also, I prefer RAWH live to studio. Innit strange?

Not strange at all... It becomes a disco odyssey when performed live.
  • chokka said:

Alan said:

Also, I prefer RAWH live to studio. Innit strange?

Not strange at all... It becomes a disco odyssey when performed live.

Why I love it.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • chokka said:

Theyve never done Hunt live have they?

Songs I haven't heard live but would love to..........

1. Hunt
    2. Horse Tears
    3. Rocket
    4. Let It Take You
    5. Little Death

rocket was attempted a couple of times in oxford on the first night of the HF tour but completely failed to launch, minor strop, but I'm sure they played it at Brighton cos I seem to remember doing the air punch during the chorus which we had all been practicing!
    "its MY favourite song"
  • That's bizarre, Rocket is a great anthem, I wonder why it didn't work....
  • Little Bird, Ride A White Horse, Dreaming
  • chokka said:

That's bizarre, Rocket is a great anthem, I wonder why it didn't work....

I think Davide was having problems starting his violin. maybe they didn't want to play it
    "its MY favourite song"
  • I've been listening to Rocket a lot lately. And I have to say, I quite like it actually.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Human is always good live, in the Black Cherry/ Supernature era was Davide on electric violin and the Felt Mountain era ordinary violin, both elongated versions and gorgeous!

Ride a White Horse is good live because it's longer and synthier and the like :)
  • RAWH live is fantastic. I especially love the howling climax towards the end.
  • Little Death is an obvious choice, as its only a live version.
    You Never Know works better live, I think, as you get that mesmeric, steady build up better than on disc
    BC and Paper Bag are the worst cos they make me cry, which is probably a bit off putting for the person trying to sing
  • Alan said:

RAWH live is fantastic. I especially love the howling climax towards the end.

That's the one I was going to chose. Definitely the extended ending does it for me. Fucking ace :>
  • More love for Lovely Head here.
    Black Cherry close second.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Bells said:

Alan said:

RAWH live is fantastic. I especially love the howling climax towards the end.

That's the one I was going to chose. Definitely the extended ending does it for me. Fucking ace :>

Don't you wish sometimes they had a studio version for the extended version? It's that good.

Utopia live is heaven too. Brings me to tears.
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:44:12
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!