Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 31 Comments sorted by
  • KISS were my heroes when I was in elementary school. I wanted terribly to be Ace Frehley.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I liked Paul Stanley's make-up the best. Gene Simmons and Ace were the scary ones :D
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Maybe you're the scary one.
  • Mhuahaha! @-) [..] >-) I've been dying to use those emoji's!!!! Thank you
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-04-15 22:20:18
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • imageimageimageimage

Post edited by iuventus at 2014-04-15 23:09:23
  • I used to have a KISS viewmaster...remember those?! (I'm sure they're prob like antiques now) I wanted to be Peter...haha!

My first album was Synchronicity by The Police. For some unknown reason my dad bought it for me when I was little. I used to sing 'Tea in the Sahara' into my hairbrush...some things never change. <:-P
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • I do that with Tracy Ullman's "Breakaway."

Wait...can I take that back?

:\">
  • I think i fancied Tracy Ullman.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Single: Word Up - Cameo
    Album: Flash Gordon - Queen
    12": Suburbia - Pet Shop Boys
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • iuventus said:

KISS, Destroyer

I think.

I bought Kiss, Destroyer! on vinyl. Great album. Detroit, Rock City, with the skid and the car crash at the end leading straight into King of the Nightime World and then God of Thunder. Great track placement.  I was a bit disapointed when they took off their makeup.  Gene Simmons popped up on a British reality program called Rock School a few years ago.  He came across as quite personable and took the class over to his home.  Best bit is he is friends with the GOD ! that is Toni Iommi. Best left handed, 3½ fingers on his fretting hand guitariist the world has ever seen IMHO.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Dreeke said:

Single: Word Up - Cameo
    Album: Flash Gordon - Queen
    12": Suburbia - Pet Shop Boys

I watched Flash Gordon the other night and remembered just what a superb soundtrack it has by Queen. And some great one liners.
    'Flash. I love you; but we only have 14 hours to save the earth !
    Wonderful stuff.
  • Ponygurl said:

I used to have a KISS viewmaster...remember those?! (I'm sure they're prob like antiques now) I wanted to be Peter...haha! My first album was Synchronicity by The Police. For some unknown reason my dad bought it for me when I was little. I used to sing 'Tea in the Sahara' into my hairbrush...some things never change. <:-P

For my sins, we once did a cover of Tea in the Sahara. It was recorded on 4 track cassette to give you an idea about how long ago this was.

• Also, all this Kiss talk reminds me.  I went to a fancy dress party once as Gene Simmons. Proper Liechner makeup, long black wig, leather jacket with bats wings under the arms loads of studs and massive platfoms on my feet.  Mrs urban tribesman went as a French maid, her brother ( now Brother in law) went as Superman in full costume and another friend went as one of the baseball gang members out of the film 'Warriors' with half his face painted white, the other half black in baseball silks.  We walked about a mile and a half to the venue, through the town centre. We looked proper twats and scared the shite out of some 'older adults' in the community.

Happy memories  :)

• The first single I remember owning was Lost In France by Bonnie Tyler....had some oo la las in it....it was a sign! Then there was The Birdie Song and The Smurfs....oh gawd...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!