Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The Sage, Gateshead - Monday 7th April
  • 39 Comments sorted by
  • A_is_A said:

Awww Carpy Xx  How awesome of her to do that right?! Actually, if I recall correctly, you have now racked up TWO shout-outs. The first being one on the RADIO no less. Remember that?! That made me squeal when i heard it.
    Personally I'm far too shy, if someone called my name out on stage I'd just die. I think i'd rather hear it on the radio. And, that way i could tape it and hear it over and over again Hahaha :D

Of course, I'd forgotten that! To be fair a few of us did that day though I was amazed that they'd dug up my Prince post from the old board for Tom Robinson to read out - even I don't go on there now. That was properly surreal!

I just feel bad that by not hearing what she said I, in effect, left her hanging and wondering to herself why she bothered asking. Couldn't be helped - it was nice that people were clapping etc as a cause for me not catching it - but that doesn't make me feel any better. Hope she didn't mind too much.

It gives me a very lovely extra gig memory, though, alongside the fact that the gig sounded stunning all through.

A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Giancarlo said:

oops, my question may be misinterpreted (sorry), I wanted to know your seat coordinates because from my seat I haven't heard the first words of the question (too loud applauses)

If you missed it too then I don't feel so bad!

I was in J 11 - about 7 rows back near the centre.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Carps.....are you just SHITTING yourself over and over that you missed that????????????? sorry...that's not helping i'm sure
    Post edited by stevil at 2014-04-09 19:13:24
  • Ah I heard her ask, and someone else too but can't remember their name. It was amazing, it went over so, so quick though!! Was there any merch there?? I totally missed it if there was, I ended up at the gift shop thing but then that was it.

• AshBob87 said:

Ah I heard her ask, and someone else too but can't remember their name. It was amazing, it went over so, so quick though!! Was there any merch there?? I totally missed it if there was, I ended up at the gift shop thing but then that was it.

The only merchandise on this tour has been posters - a choice of signed or unsigned. Not sure why they didn't produce any t-shirts as they did for the autumn tour.
  • AshBob87 said:

Ah I heard her ask, and someone else too but can't remember their name. It was amazing, it went over so, so quick though!! Was there any merch there?? I totally missed it if there was, I ended up at the gift shop thing but then that was it.

The only merchandise on this tour has been posters - a choice of signed or unsigned. Not sure why they didn't produce any t-shirts as they did for the autumn tour.

Yep I agree. The UK leg merchandise at the gigs was embarrassing. A market which they totally lost out on. :(

Music Junkie
  • I have already mentioned it but i think it is very bad no merch was available.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • It was much better in Amsterdam and Hammersmith - managed to grab a couple of mugs! Perhaps they just ran out not expecting us lot wanting it so much - missed out on the signed poster sadly, he who hesitates.......(wrong thread)
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Yeah they are available on the Merch section of the Frapp site. Via Firebrand or something like that. With a t-shirt. and a bag. Should be a lot more available.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!