Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • As I have a week off and everyone else in the hooose is at work or school , I shall do some DIY tomorrow..................not really I`m off to see the World War ZZZZzzzzzzz....woot-a-Z-a-rama   . Pitt , I expect to be entertained , if your ginger film wife isn`t in constant peril of being eaten by a zombie (not in a nice way) , I expect things jumping and scaring the beejesoo out of me and be as scared as Peter Andre on Countdown . 
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-20 15:51:33
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Saw "World War Z" today , thoroughly enjoyed it .

I`m not one for anality of conversion of books to films and I have read the book , but in my opinion its a bit of a zombie geeks book and its only aspect that rises it above others is a different type of narrative , overlapping tales of how it all went tits up . Some of the morals of the book are there , secretive governments , panic , hysteria , running around like Goldfrapp have just announced retirement . But it would be impossible to film the same narrative as a film , series maybe , but the nature of the book as a series would be lost on thick people - given that they have recall past episodes to tie stories together .

Anyway , the film , mmm..it wastes no time and the films trailers point in a slightly different direction to where the film actually heads (which isn`t a bad thing) . The film mentions quite a few characters and events from the book but in effect the film is a tale from the book fleshed out . The films action is claustrophobic and wrenching , in particular when he goes to Israel . And I got to hear the words "Wales , Cardiff Airport" , which made me and a few others laugh .

As a side note , in the book , Caerphilly Castle is mentioned as a stronghold , in reality Caerphilly Castle couldn`t stop a lump of cheese if it was thrown at it . 

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-21 11:13:58
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

Saw "World War Z" today , thoroughly enjoyed it .

Sorry but I have a problem with Olympic sprinting undead.  And I like my zombie films to be 'Certificate 18'.

Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-21 15:13:48
  • softlad said:

Sartori said:

Sorry but I have a problem with Olympic sprinting undead.  

Zombie Luddite ;)

They have two modes , running-their-tits-off-to-get-ya and just standing where they are saying "Rah!" now and again , like a UXB TV standby mode . The effect of the running makes them swarms that ("burn the heretic") come across better than zombies that act like shuffling emo`s .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-21 15:22:57
  • I work for a certain television and telecoms company owned by a notorious Australian so we get exposed to movies a lot. It's been Jurassic Park, Wrong Turn 4, Goal! and Goal 2,  a wierd looking Western one starring DiCaprio doing some sort of boxing, Finding Nemo and Disney classics. I would love to see people's reaction in work to some of the films on the on demand section :P
  • Sartori said:

Zombie Luddite ;)

• I'm still confused that the trailer got through quality control.

The caption comes up saying "World War Z" and the voice says "World War Zee".

There's no zee on the screen, only a great big ZED
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Currently watching Piranha 2 - you'll believe a fish can fly, I watched this in the cinema as a support title for a Chuck Norris film in 82 .
  • softlad said:

Real zombies don't run.

You haven't seen To Kako.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-06-21 18:19:46
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Oh I did forget to mention......... Piers Morgan is in the opening credits
  • World War Z
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Wreck It Ralph.........

My 13 year old self's perfect film...
  • Has anyone seen 'Martyrs'?
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Alan said:

Has anyone seen 'Martyrs'?

Yes!

Marvellous popcorn film to get the whole family together for.
  • Kiyuri said:

Alan said:

Has anyone seen 'Martyrs'?

Yes!

Marvellous popcorn film to get the whole family together for.

Indeed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!