Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Greenwich Music Time - 21 Aug 2014
  • Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-08-08 14:08:55
  • 403 Comments sorted by
  • This short video captures the evening well....

Enjoy
  • Take our - 'Am I a concert twat' test. It's free.
    Have you ever left the concert arena while the main act is playing to get beer? You are a twat.
    Have you ever left the concert arena while the main act is on for a piss? You are a twat ( with a tiny bladder and you should have planned ahead more).
    Have you ever talked loudly during a concert to mates while the main act is on, steadily getting louder to make yourself heard over the band? You are a twat.
    Have you ever walked across in front of the stage when the main act is playing a song. You guessed it, twat!
    Have you ever shouted back, threatened to fight or thrown things for the rest of the gig at people who politely ask you to keep it down/ sit down or move on to stop blocking the view of the band? You are not only a twat but a moron to boot. You were probably not conceived by normal means but more likely your father had a quick wank somewhere and flies did the rest!
    Stewards should prevent people walking across the front of the stage area while the band is playing and should ask loud, rowdy groups in the audience to keep it down out of respect for other paying fans. That is it, in a nutshell, respect. A lot of people just do not have it for other people and it is all about them. I think a lot of the issues last night were people on corporate jollies and did not pay for their tickets. No real interest in the performance; just in getting bladdered.
    Take them out and shoot them. Them that cannot be shot, neuter them so they cannot breed.
    Harsh, I know, but lack of respect for others is crime No 1 at the moment.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Hey Frappaholics. Now snailband has delivered, I can start the still upload to Flickr.
    Here are three more.  Once all are on, I will put into an album and post a link. A lot are Alison with Charlie in the background, as that was our view initially.

• OK.  All loaded to Flickr.  50 in total, the biggest album I have done from a Goldfrapp gig.
    I will post a link to the others tomorrow but time for bed. Nighty night !

Goldfrapp at the Old Royal Naval College
  • David's now made his pictures public. :-) Here's a stunning one of Ali.

You should be able to flip through them all (previous/next) via this link

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-08-24 10:28:14
  • Me and my partner :) Would love to meet up with GMBers xx
  • *raises hand*
  • Me and @Big Bird.
  • Might try and get in early and get the Friday after it off work.  It's the bank holiday weekend that weekend isn't it? Means I can enjoy a bit more of the meantime ale :) 
  • ^ yeah I've took the day off so I don't have to worry about rushing.
  • Me! (And I vaguely remember my mom going with me..)
  • Me! I shall also be bringing my cousin to pop his Frapp cherry :D

I've already booked the next day off as will be a late one travelling back from London.

Look forward to meeting a few more GMBers

• Me and Yvonne
    We will be staying in Greenwich and taking the next day off.
    Post edited by Bottlehead at 2014-04-11 09:29:10
  • I'm going too, if I just don't get cold feet!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!