Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The Sage, Gateshead - Monday 7th April
  • 39 Comments sorted by
  • .....and the last Metro home too!

Yrs, Alison said ''Is there an Andrew Beeston in tonight?'' and my brain thought she couldn't possibly have said my name and I must have misheard. Then, after the show, thathurt confirms that she did indeed call me out in front of the whole audience...AND I MISSED MY CHANCE!

Gutted!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • What do you think she wanted?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I have not a clue! The whole thing is a mishearing wrapped in puzzlement and covered in a whole heap of randomness.

I'm signing off for now as I also missed the last Metro home having stood back of venue for a bit just in case. 4 miles walking home that my feet are now very annoyed about.
  • Wow Carp! Sounds like you were caught like a Deer in the headlights! That's so f'n cool! I'm sure she just wanted to Thankyou for your devotion.. (?!) Wonderful!!! And electric...teehee
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2014-04-08 00:50:34
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • something similar happened in Birmingham, when she asked for Kate Gordon. No other happened, but it was a nice moment !
    May I ask you where you was ?

• Waking up the morning after I feel a mixture of a happy glow from that moment (mixed with parts feeling like an idiot for letting it pass me by) and a big grin from such an excellent show.

The sound quality was probably the best I've heard them sound live at all. Really pure and warm.
  • Giancarlo said:

something similar happened in Birmingham, when she asked for Kate Gordon. No other happened, but it was a nice moment !

I was there, about 7 rows back in the centre, but my brain just refused to react until she'd moved on to "Alice" but by then the moment had passed!

I've just been reading through the tweets post Sage gig and people reeeeaaaally loved it.
  • Giancarlo said:

something similar happened in Birmingham, when she asked for Kate Gordon. No other happened, but it was a nice moment !

I was there, about 7 rows back in the centre, but my brain just refused to react until she'd moved on to "Alice" but by then the moment had passed!

I've just been reading through the tweets post Sage gig and people reeeeaaaally loved it.

Same thing happened to me I just blanked out and thought I had imagined it lol.  I looked at my husband and asked if he heard it too, then she said my name again and I shouted and waved until she located me.  She giggled and I said hello and thank you (not sure why) and then that was it!  I was then accosted by everyone around me asking me why it had happened etc etc lol

I have since thought of many things things I wish I had now said to her but still have that little glow from the fact that she uttered my name and knows that I exist :)

• Btw I am Kate Gordon who had the Birmingham shout out :D
  • Morning, Kate - bizarre, isn't it!
  • Morning, Kate - bizarre, isn't it!

It is indeed :)
  • oops, my question may be misinterpreted (sorry), I wanted to know your seat coordinates because from my seat I haven't heard the first words of the question (too loud applauses)
  • Awww Carpy Xx  How awesome of her to do that right?! Actually, if I recall correctly, you have now racked up TWO shout-outs. The first being one on the RADIO no less. Remember that?! That made me squeal when i heard it.
    Personally I'm far too shy, if someone called my name out on stage I'd just die. I think i'd rather hear it on the radio. And, that way i could tape it and hear it over and over again Hahaha :D
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-04-08 20:50:13
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!