Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 1299 Comments sorted by
  • I'm wondering who gets the job of choosing popular (or not so popular) song for movie soundtracks?  What a great job!  It seems like a few people on this site could do a great job at it.
  • Just finished watching Helen Mirren in, "Prime Suspect".  Wow!  How depressing!  Do a lot of British shows go the depressing route like that?  Loved the acting, the overall show but absolutely hated most of the endings.  Who wants to watch someone fail miserably?
  • I've never watched 'Prime Suspect', and am thus unable to comment on it, but not all British shows end in depressing ways.  Perhaps you should watch 'Sugar Rush' or 'Noggin the Nog'.
  • Pet said:

I've never watched 'Prime Suspect', and am thus unable to comment on it, but not all British shows end in depressing ways.  Perhaps you should watch 'Sugar Rush' or 'Noggin the Nog'.

i LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE sugar rush! recently been rewatching it all again with my BF! :)
  • Pet said:

I've never watched 'Prime Suspect', and am thus unable to comment on it, but not all British shows end in depressing ways.  Perhaps you should watch 'Sugar Rush' or 'Noggin the Nog'.

i LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE sugar rush! recently been rewatching it all again with my BF! :)

It's brilliant, isn't it?   One of the better things British television has produced.  My boxed set is a precious possession.
  • Is the Radio Mix of Thea on sale anywhere online? Does anyone know?

I just bought the Promo CD like seconds ago, but it's going to take ages for the CD to actually arrive to Finland. I really love the Radio Mix, so I'm a bit impatient... I really hope it's available for download somewhere! :) 
  • I suppose it's not up for grabs then.

It's a real shame one has to illegally download everything these days. Or maybe Goldfrapp are just doing so well that they are no longer in need of more money...
  • ^You've got it!  Goldfrapp are so rich they don't any more money.  Once people can afford to bathe in caviar...

• Pet said:

^You've got it!  Goldfrapp are so rich they don't any more money.  Once people can afford to bathe in caviar...

Well, I just find it a bit weird that there are so few Goldfrapp songs available for legal download nowadays. After all, I’m sure there are a lot of fans who would like to buy certain songs (like Lee, Thea Radio Mix, remixes etc.), so why not put them up on iTunes, for example? Why not give fans a chance to support the band? 

Don’t know... Goldfrapp seem to have a very odd marketing plan for sure!
    Post edited by Minsku at 2014-04-07 13:22:12
  • I don't know about downloads (I don't do downloading) but, if Goldfrapp has a marketing plan, it seems to be quite an odd one.  The organisation (and sometimes disorganisation) of the film event comes to mind as an example.  Nobody is good at everything, and Goldfrapp's talents are to be found in creating music.  The people they hire to do other things may not always be very good at their jobs.  There again, if I tackled those jobs, I'm sure that I'd make a total botch of them.  Maybe I shouldn't criticise too harshly.
  • Obviously I would prefer physical formats too, but unfortunately there haven’t been any besides the album itself and the deluxe box. If they aren’t going to release physical singles, then they could at least put them up for download online.

The sad part is that you’re not really even being harsh with your criticism. Whoever is responsible for Goldfrapp’s marketing/promotion deserves to get sacked, because they are doing very poor job at the moment.

One of the biggest frustrations for me is that this era seems to have no consistency whatsoever. Just look at the videos for example. Drew and Annabel were released rather quickly one after the other, but for the last six months we’ve got absolutely nothing? They have made films for 5 songs altogether, are they not planning to release all of them or what exactly are they waiting for?

And yes, I do realize the film was shown not so long ago. But as is to be expected with Goldfrapp, it was only premiered in very few countries. A lot of fans didn’t get a chance to see it, so the least they could do would be to release the films for Stranger, Jo and Laurel at some point.

So, for the love of Frapp, someone at the management please get the ball rolling again! [-O<
  • I am very sad cds are not on sale. I know demand would not be massive. Due to the younger generation. I almost feel as though the collection i have is sort of voided. Oh and the excitement of waiting for the cd arriving is missed too.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • cw37frapp said:

I am very sad cds are not on sale. I know demand would not be massive. Due to the younger generation. I almost feel as though the collection i have is sort of voided. Oh and the excitement of waiting for the cd arriving is missed too.

You could always try buying promo CDs? They are not quite the same, but surely serve as some sort of “consolation prize”. And at least you would have something to wait for! ;) 

I tried asking on Twitter yesterday if they had any plans on releasing the videos for Jo, Laurel and Stranger at some point. Lisa liked my tweets, but besides that I didn’t really get a proper answer. 

It seems like they might not even have concrete plans for the rest of the videos yet. Guess I have to save all of my excitement till August then.
  • Yes @Minsku think of August. August is going to be wonderful! Cancel all plans for the mental preparation that is needed for August. Nothing can go wrong! (Hahaha, nothing..)
  • Very true! August will make everything a lot better! ;)

I should probably start memorizing the map of London right now, so I won't get lost the minute I step out of the plane! :))

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!