Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What's your Favourite Live Track ?
  • 67 Comments sorted by
  • Hands down it would have to be Utopia. The operatic intro and outro always gives me chills!
  • Black Cherry.... It calms and soothes and features new lyrics live....

Second is Little Bird... I love how it meanders then takes flight at the end.... In my head I always picture a flock of swallows soaring past.....
  • chokka said:

Black Cherry.... It calms and soothes and features new lyrics live....

Second is Little Bird... I love how it meanders then takes flight at the end.... In my head I always picture a flock of swallows soaring past.....

I am with you on both counts...Little Bird is magical (even more so live) You never know also is a fav of mine too..the strings at the end make my back go very perculier. (Still can't work out how to post youtube vids though........)
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Aye.... I reckon You Never Know will be making a welcome return tomorrow too!
  • thats a great 'lovely head' carpy! its definitely one of my favourites, when i first got into them i'd heard utopia all over the place and liked it then i saw them playing in germany and lovely head was definitely the track that made me fall 'in love'  :x

you never know is another live favourite
  • really hope they play all of these tomorrow night :)
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Utopia.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Utopia too, although if you were asking me my favourite moment i've witnessed it would probably be that Lovely Head video of mine that Carpy posted, i mean the way she screamed at me, chilling and thrilling!
  • rewak said:

Utopia too, although if you were asking me my favourite moment i've witnessed it would probably be that Lovely Head video of mine that Carpy posted, i mean the way she screamed at me, chilling and thrilling!

I wondered if you'd notice! =D>
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I just love how Alison howls during Utopia. Sublime.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Theyve never done Hunt live have they?

Songs I haven't heard live but would love to..........

1. Hunt
    2. Horse Tears
    3. Rocket
    4. Let It Take You
    5. Little Death
  • So they did! Well, then there's hope it will come back :)
  • I have three:
    1. Horse Tears
    2. Road to Somewhere
    3. Deer Stop
  • I agree, Deer Stop is another great live track.
  • I'm always split over seeing Deer Stop live.

On one hand, it's just gorgeous and really pushes the emotion out the most raw each time. It's something that touches you with scalpel precision.

On the other hand countless arrogant, rude, ignorant muppets talk all over it and it annoys the hell out of me, thus providing a downer moment about the actual gig/venue/night.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!