Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales Of Us - best to worst
  • 36 Comments sorted by
  • Sorry to hear your 'Tales of Us' leaked....I've got an extra panty liner if you need it. (If you're even wearing panties, that is.... ;))
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Thanks, but I've got Stevil's jock strap holding it all together.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-03-13 13:51:43
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • ....... *rendered speechless*
  • I got 'My Tales of Us' in the mail today! I can't believe they delivered it on a Sunday...it almost seems sacrilegious! When I opened the beautifully tailored jock strap, the signed condom fell out. When I first glimpsed it, I thought it was just signed 'meh'...but as I unrolled it, there were these heartfelt words-

My dearest gurl,
    It has been too long. Touring 'My Tales' through the bathhouses of Eastern Europe has made me weary..how I long to gently rest my tired head upon your ample bosom. You are my number one and it's not just because you're my only fan.

Eternal Love,
    Iuventis P. Goodbottom xxx

....words just can't explain how touched I am. .....ok, maybe not touched, just surprised he took the time to write it all in calligraphy.
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2014-03-23 15:19:37
    U R I E L
  • You'll need to return that jock to Stevil as soon as possible.
  • I was listening to TOU on the way to work this am.....I have had it on a loop since it was released and must have listened to it , oo, 345, 678 times by now at least! And I had the heating on in the car as it was a bit nippy....
    The strings and Alison's vocals in Drew still brought me out in goosebumps and made me a bit emotional. I guess you can love a song the same way you can love a person...
    It's my favourite on the album, closely followed by Ulla ( the rest I couldn't possibly order). What an incredible acheivement, to write a song that moves someone so much after so many times.
  • KatRobin said:

I was listening to MTOU on the way to work this am.

Thanks for saying that. It brings me great joy to know that my fans are still finding pleasure in what may well be my swan song.

• iuventus said:

KatRobin said:

I was listening to MTOU on the way to work this am.

Thanks for saying that. It brings me great joy to know that my fans are still finding pleasure in what may well be my swan song.

Still not sure why "Pounding Ass" wasn't picked as a single. When I listened to MTOU, I could tell how much energy and passion (amongst other things) you put into it. Really Iuv, you outdid yourself...you really know how to put the "ass" in "bass"- I'm gonna stop there...I'm getting too emotional-
    U R I E L
  • I'm overcome by your kindness.

"Pounding Ass" was just the working title for "Stevil." It so happens that I accidentally left my hand-held recorder on while going to town on Stevil after a long, stressful song-writing session. The rhythm inspired the tune we know and love today--so much that you can still hear the sound of my pelvis slapping his ass--as well as his ooos and ahs--on the final track.
  • Oh dear..I haven't a clue what you two are on about...prob better that way. And I was being all serious and emotional, sniff.
  • Just what are you on about??!!
  • Question: is the MTOU cinema event going to be R-rated?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Only if your country doesn't have a XXX rating.
  • Whoa! So where do youz party?
  • i can't even look at the posts in this thread....ugh are you all crazy....you can't do this to THIS album

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!