Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 560 Comments sorted by
  • AEK Athens shirt. Nice and cheap from Sports direct. That is 3 of theirs that i have now. A Rihanna single cd.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Thea promo cd

Tales Of Us 4 track promo cd

Had to get them at some point!

I wonder what "Had to" means in that context.  Usually, "had to" means that failure to do whatever it is would have had bad consequences.  For example, "I had to scoot to the toilet" may mean that failure to do so would have resulted in wetting oneself (or worse).  But I'm not clear what the consequences would have been in this instance.  I don't intend to buy either of those things, and envisage no disaster overtaking me as a result.  Of course, perhaps I'll be overtaken by a misfortune I'm too foolish to foresee.
  • Pet said:

Thea promo cd

Tales Of Us 4 track promo cd

Had to get them at some point!

I wonder what "Had to" means in that context.  Usually, "had to" means that failure to do whatever it is would have had bad consequences.  For example, "I had to scoot to the toilet" may mean that failure to do so would have resulted in wetting oneself (or worse).  But I'm not clear what the consequences would have been in this instance.  I don't intend to buy either of those things, and envisage no disaster overtaking me as a result.  Of course, perhaps I'll be overtaken by a misfortune I'm too foolish to foresee.

It's was a "had to" that equates to me knowing myself well enough that if I didn't get it now I'd get it at some point anyway - an air of inevitability!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze for the Wii U...

• Pet said:

It's was a "had to" that equates to me knowing myself well enough that if I didn't get it now I'd get it at some point anyway - an air of inevitability!

Ah!  I wonder whether either promo contains anything not found on Tales of Us.
  • Well it proves i am getting tight with money. I was in Leigh town centre and i only bought a newspaper. Me coming away from shops empty handed.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • A new pair of shoes for work and a couple of smart tops.
    Wild Beasts new album Present Tense 

• Just bought a pair of black lace slingback heels and black lace camisole. Time to cut loose tonight...
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Mushy peas
    Post edited by tweety at 2014-03-08 18:34:34
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Paloma Faith album. Went on sale today. Its good.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Wowser. Just tried to buy the Felt Mountain and Black Cherry 'little books' on eBay without success.

Yikes.

Let's just say that it's apparent that they're still VERY much in demand!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Iron Maiden-Live at Donington cd. fiver from CEX.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Wowser. Just tried to buy the Felt Mountain and Black Cherry 'little books' on eBay without success.

Yikes.

Let's just say that it's apparent that they're still VERY much in demand!

I have a copy of the Black Cherry book I'm willing to sell.  It's signed by Alison.  The inscription reads: "Watcha!  Love, Alison X".  Also signed by Alison, I also have the two CD Black Cherry special edition (complete with sticker).  That's also up for grabs.
  • Another ACDC t-shirt. With concert dates on.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Timberland boots £140
    And Kylies latest album...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!