Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
'Thea' remixes announced
  • 72 Comments sorted by
  • We're a tough crowd to please at the GMB and I think that's a good thing.
    Personally, the more I listen to it the more I like it. It's got a kind of Cerrone supernature thing going on and it does make make me wanna dance.
    -Pony,
    Didn't know about the Umbrellas anniversary! It's a nice excuse to see it again ( for the umpteenth time ) She's heartbreaker in that one. You can't leave a woman like that alone for 5 minutes...
    He should have known better :D
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-02-22 09:05:37
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • It annoys me that they're still tacking on half asses remixed to the singles even in this era; Tales of Us is so obviously difficult to remix, so why keep doing it? Isn't there anything that could be released instead? Bonus tracks, demos, cover versions?

• A_is_A said:

We're a tough crowd to please at the GMB and I think that's a good thing.
    Personally, the more I listen to it the more I like it. It's got a kind of Cerrone supernature thing going on and it does make make me wanna dance.
    -Pony,
    Didn't know about the Umbrellas anniversary! It's a nice excuse to see it again ( for the umpteenth time ) She's heartbreaker in that one. You can't leave a woman like that alone for 5 minutes...
    He should have known better :D

Umbrellas is such a lovely film, they were talking about it on the radio the other day cause of it's anniversary, made me wanna watch it again.

Anyhow re: remixes... I didn't listen to it the whole way through.
    Personally I'd prefer more remixes in the style of the felt mountain ones.
  • it annoys me that this remix is being released, but happiness RTD mix never got a chance :(
    Aaron
    facebook.com/omgitsaaronnnx
  • ping said:

Personally I'd prefer more remixes in the style of the felt mountain ones.

This is the problem isn't it? Back then 'remix' wasn't a synonym for 'generic dance track with any songs vocal slapped on top'. I kinda hoped EMI were behind most of the stupid damn remix decisions since Seventh Tree on but apparently not. I'm not gonna harp and say "I want a b-side!", i'm just gonna say i don't want this. It's never going to be played in clubs, it's not gonna get radio play from any self respecting presenter, it's for nothing. Coulda used the money in much much better ways Mute! That's the core of the problem i think, we know how difficult it is financially for Frapp and seeing money wasted on shit like this just pisses us off.
  • Has anyone seen mentioned anywhere if this will be a physical CD release, I love the cover shot and was hoping for a proper CD ???
  • i guess a commercial physical cd release is like the only way to make the making of these mixes reasonable.
  •  Here`s the "Blood Diamond" remix of Thea , in Goldfrapps repeated attempts to make some of the board collapse & die of drama queening "Self Righteous Apoplexy Remix Attacks" . I personally like it and if you don`t , tough shit - move along / kick your dog .

http://www.stereogum.com/1669030/goldfrapp-thea-blood-diamonds-remix-stereogum-premiere/mp3s/
    Post edited by Sartori at 2014-03-10 12:07:02
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

Here`s the "Blood Diamond" remix of Thea...

Lovely! With a simple turn of the key, a story of murder, lust, and deception metamorphoses into one of fauns, nymphs, and singing waters.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Someone is tone deaf...and it's not Goldfrapp.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Why tone deaf?
  • Being tone deaf means having a hard time hearing musical pitches and notes.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • I know exactly what it means (and that's not an accurate definition). Why would you use that phrase to describe the above remix?
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-03-10 14:03:36

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!