Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 1299 Comments sorted by
  • HB, it's because the light bulbs are new, so they are paying off the cost of development.  As you might notice, LED lightbulbs (the newest) are much more expensive than the CFLs which are quite a bit older.  They also, of course, have some improvements over previous bulbs.  In particular, a HUGE savings on electricity.  Light bulbs used to matter, when trying to conserve electricity.  Now, they are nearly non-entities.  I can light my whole house (LEDs), unless I am reading, with about 60 watts, which used to be a single light bulb.  The cost savings between LEDs and CFLs can be argued but I am a strong believer in LEDs.  And, as mentioned previously, they last longer.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-03-07 07:19:16
  • ^^ nicer than the Welsh pronunciation of ll
  • a friend of mine had the 'Zombie' added as a middle name legally. her fella had 'monster' added to his.
  • I finally found that site I had mentioned somewhere on this site.  This is going to seem pretty fractured and incoherent, since I can't even remember the exact topic but it had something to do with revealing your innermost secrets or interesting things that one wishes to mention but doesn't really want to be recognized for.  PG, I think you might have been the one that said, "Geez, wouldn't it be nice if there was a site for.....".  Anyways, yes, there is an app for that.

It's called whispers.

http://whisper.sh/popular
  • Not bragging but, I have got them all.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • I'm thinking about cutting my CD and DVD collections to more manageable proportions. I own a number of boxed sets containing a couple of discs I might play again plus two (or more) that I'll quite certainly never again bother with.  I'm wondering what to do with these boxed sets.  I might:

1. Remove the CDs or DVDs from the box, keep the ones I want, get rid of the ones I don't, and throw the box into the recycling bin...or...
    2. Try to re-home the entire boxed set, and re-purchase the discs I still want as individual albums or films.
    The first of those would be cheaper and easier, but would it be an act of inexcusable vandalism?  Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

• I have got far too many cds. Some i just do not listen anymore and maybe will never have on again. I probably have a handful that i have not even played once. I keep saying i should sell some. But CEX would give something like 20p for certain ones. So i think why should i do that when i paid a tenner for them. I will keep them forever. I was the same ages ago with vinyl. Now i wish i had kept them.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Pet said:

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Rip them to your pc, back up the files, and then donate the originals to a charity shop.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

Pet said:

Rip them to your pc, back up the files, and then donate the originals to a charity shop.

You know I'm not going to do that.
  • If I'd known, I wouldn't have suggested it.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Why not, Pet?
    Alternative suggestion: throw away all your CDs and apply for a Spotify account. CDs are way to 2013 anyhow so....
  • Why not?  Because I don't trust things I can't touch, I suppose.  It bothers me that I'm obliged to rely on computers to store my writings.  I save everything to four devices, and am still not really happy about it until I print copies of the books.
  • imageimage
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • iuventus said:

Pet said:

^ Winner idea . 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!