Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Exclusive! Drew - Clockwork Mix
    Phew! It's taken weeks to complete but I finished it at last. Ladies and gentlemen, please make your way to the haunted ballroom...

http://thevibes.me/2014/03/02/exclusive-goldfrapp-remix-drew-clockwork-mix/

• 16 Comments sorted by
  • It's fantastic! Very much a haunted mansion, i love it. It's very creative Mr. Sparky. You always have something wild and fun up your sleeve.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • This mix is ​​evocative and beautiful.
    I do not understand why Alison & Will, or Mute do not hire Sparky for mixes [and Paolo for administration of the website]. Their proposals are better than commercial versions.
    The fans, we know best the approaches and substance of Frapp productions 
  • 1000 times better than the generic remixes we've been given so far. This is how a TOU remix should sound.
    Please never stop.
    Post edited by Low at 2014-03-04 11:48:12

• Absolutely stellar work. The delicate, sincere care you've shown for the song bleeds through like a gushing wound. You've shown us a different side of "Drew".

Perfection.
    Post edited by LolliCruz at 2014-03-04 13:04:48
  • i love it! thanks for sharing!
  • Good job Sparky - & thanks!
  • These are great reviews! Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment :-D

• I love you, Sparky.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Another gem Sparks! I think it's because you've taken the time to develop a feeling in the music..you care and you can feel it. It's such a bore to just have lyrics slapped over a beat...you have to construct, to build. Again, nice atmosphere.. ;)
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • very good, as always, sparky! great to think out of the ordinary remix there. 
  • After all your lovely comments, I thought I'd make a little movie to go with it. Found footage.

Post edited by Sparky at 2014-03-07 08:50:26

• Finally had chance to give it a listen - lovely stuff. Always nice to get a remix that is different to, yet still retains some sympathy with, the style/mood of the original.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Well done, Sparks! It is even better with the movie added!
  • Wow, this is brilliant! You're totally right about all the reinterpretation motivations a remix should follow and that this song really could not end on a dance floor harmoniously.
    Be patient.
  • Glad you liked it @Carpy! Thanks @Jeronimooo, the video was a bit of a quickie. @HolyOwl, I did try to dance it up, but it sounded like those old Jivebunny records from the 80s! I wonder if Matt Pop could have a go ;-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!