Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
'Thea' remixes announced
  • Emailed out 45minutes ago and no one feels any need to post this ?..... must be the `embargo` currently put in place on the forum by the EU .  Anywhat Thea remixes are announ-ced , to personally goad the miserable fuckers that whinge about everything for those that are broad minded , objective and like to try out a different angle to a tune , even if they don`t like it . Break the Post Embargo Motherfuckers (NO posts about colds or being out of fucking milk allowed)

'Thea' Remixes + Further 'Tales Of Us' Cinemas Announced
    View this email in your browser

'THEA' REMIXES ANNOUNCED

Hello deers, 

March is shaping up to be a very exciting month for us with our Tales of Us cinema event taking place on March 4th, our UK tour kicking off in Birmingham on Mar 26 and the release of the first set of remixes from the 'Tales Of Us' album for 'Thea'. One of our&>. We wanted to share the first mix with you before anyone else, so have a listen to the Twin Shadow Remix here.

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-03-15 20:41:08
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • 72 Comments sorted by
  • Can't say the Twin Shadow remix really knocked my socks off, and it seems that my desire for a single with some exclusive non-remix b-sides ain't gonna happen, I hope there is a physical release at least.
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2014-02-21 13:14:44
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • I love the remixes. Always have. Do enough to put on a cd ala We are Glitter.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • I love a lot of remixed tracks, not just Goldfrapp, but sure there have been some belters and there have been a couple of turds too that ultimately ruin the song, I wouldn't go as far as to say Twin Shadow remix ruins the song, but it certainly doesn't add to it on a first listen, where as a few remixes from Goldfrapp tracks do either add to or offer a different dimension which pleases, whereas sorry Twin Shadow remix didn't do that for me. I'd still like the single in whatever format though.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Well, it's not bad for a night out on Jaegerbombz. But really, some songs don't...lend themselves to the dance floor. Which is why that Annabel remix didn't really get me going.

I'm on my second TOU remix, and I have to say - these are the most difficult songs to reinterpret, partly because they are so perfectly crafted. 
    Post edited by Sparky at 2014-02-21 14:44:37

• Sparky said:

TOU remix, and I have to say - these are the most difficult songs to reinterpret, partly because they are so perfectly crafted. 

I like the TwinShadow remix, mostly becausue it sounds very much like him/his sound but, i think Goldfrapp's original is significantly more interesting. I'm looking forward to hearing the others. It was a fun little surprise i have to say!! Wasn't expecting that.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Well that remix sucked. I hope the others sound better. I think in a remix, the song should be reimagined. Atmosphere! Lift the vocal track, use an effect...pitch it down, echo- add deep echoey bass..my God, you could sample "wanted you so bad" and write a dark, dance symphony around it! I'm unimpressed.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Well, i still think he's sexy!! So there :P ;) Speaking of, I LOVE your new Deneuve avatar!!
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-02-21 15:23:13
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Oh you and your sexy men...what am I gonna do with you?! :P You know it's the 50th anniversary of Umbrellas of Cherbourg coming up? She's just so delicious looking in it.

(I really do hope the other remixes are better though. Sparks still has my vote so far.)
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Twin Shadow's is ok... wouldn't call it "brooding" as stereogum put it... feels more like a HF interpret of thea... and alison's banshee interlude sounds like it was just tacked on there...

sparky's Totem mix still owns.

(fans are always the hardest to please, aren't they? :p )

• I hope the other ones are good because that was terrible!
  • Ponygurl said:

Well that remix sucked. I hope the others sound better. I think in a remix, the song should be reimagined. Atmosphere! Lift the vocal track, use an effect...pitch it down, echo- add deep echoey bass..my God, you could sample "wanted you so bad" and write a dark, dance symphony around it! I'm unimpressed.

Word.

For examplaaay, look at Frapp's remixing skills. I mean look at the editing they did to Gaga's 'Judas'
    That was a reinvention.

This remix is just so astoundingly dire it's not even funny.
  • Thea is far too good a track to be remixed ffs. It's so 1990's all this remixing crap. How long will it be before we get the Dizzee Rascal v Goldfrapp dub step garage metal thrash complete bollocks remix (:|
  • Somebody else said they "don't get it" and er....me neither. All the atmosphere of the original song has been erased and this sounds like it could be anybody's track reworked by an amateur . Never criticised the Frapp before and I'm sure I'll never need to again! But the original song is so amazing, we'll....I could just cry. Ps not that I'm narrow minded about remixes, love the RAWH and SM mixes, but they lent themselves more to dance reworkings. Sorreeeeeeee.....still love you!!
  • We're a tough crowd to please at the GMB and I think that's a good thing.
    Personally, the more I listen to it the more I like it. It's got a kind of Cerrone supernature thing going on and it does make make me wanna dance.
    -Pony,
    Didn't know about the Umbrellas anniversary! It's a nice excuse to see it again ( for the umpteenth time ) She's heartbreaker in that one. You can't leave a woman like that alone for 5 minutes...
    He should have known better :D
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-02-22 09:05:37
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • It annoys me that they're still tacking on half asses remixed to the singles even in this era; Tales of Us is so obviously difficult to remix, so why keep doing it? Isn't there anything that could be released instead? Bonus tracks, demos, cover versions?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!