Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The Gallery. Your art for our consumption.
  • 393 Comments sorted by
  • Sparky said:

Sparky said:

Wow, so that's real film? All mine are little phone pics edited in digital. I'd love to get into analogue photography.

when i was at college digital cameras hadn't come out really and i learnt analogue, i loved the whole process of developing and printing. i was quite anti digital camera when they first came out but did convert. about a year ago i brought a couple of analogue cameras and was really excited about it, but then i remembered all the downsides and haven't used them much since the initial flurry of activity.

this is inside JET, a european nuclear fusion research experiment. nuclear fusion is much cleaner than fission (how current nuclear power plants work) they super heat the fuel to 100 million degrees and spin it round inside this thing, mental!

• Sparky said:

Wow, so that's real film? All mine are little phone pics edited in digital. I'd love to get into analogue photography.

Yeah, just a nice b&w 35mm. I used to use Ilford HP5+ 120mm Medium Format film - that stuff was fun to play with!

I'm digital now, though, all the places I used to buy film and get it developed are long gone.

A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • ping said:

Sparky said:

Sparky said:

when i was at college digital cameras hadn't come out really and i learnt analogue, i loved the whole process of developing and printing. i was quite anti digital camera when they first came out but did convert. about a year ago i brought a couple of analogue cameras and was really excited about it, but then i remembered all the downsides and haven't used them much since the initial flurry of activity.

this is inside JET, a european nuclear fusion research experiment. nuclear fusion is much cleaner than fission (how current nuclear power plants work) they super heat the fuel to 100 million degrees and spin it round inside this thing, mental!

That is very Ridley Scott. And mental!  :)

• Sparky said:

I met a gorgeous little ginger cat as the sun was setting on the allotment yesterday. I love ginger cats!

Did you see my Ginger kitty, he is on the pet pics, but I better be sure to post another of him soon ;) He's got his own Dalek blanket you know ;)
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Not so much art as more general photography.

Was out testing my Canon's zoom at the weekend - this was pure optical with no digital zoom or post:-

Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-06-20 16:20:38
  • Fly me away on an aeroplane....

sorry couldn't resist ;)
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • CONTENT REMOVED
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-27 16:58:33
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Great Emika shots, both of them, as are the ones in the booklet you've probably still not seen yet!
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-06-20 18:24:54
  • CONTENT REMOVED
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-27 16:58:40
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • CONTENT REMOVED
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-27 16:58:46
  • CONTENT REMOVED
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-27 16:58:54
  • CONTENT REMOVED
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-27 16:59:02
  • CONTENT REMOVED
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-27 16:59:10
  • CONTENT REMOVED
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-27 16:59:18
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:14:32

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!