Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales of Us: font?
  • Has anyone been able to identify the font?

Ta in advance. :)
    Post edited by Alan at 2013-06-15 19:26:59
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • 18 Comments sorted by
  • I think it's a custom one - I've used all the font-checker sites I normally do (Whatfontis, Identifont,etc) but nothing found.

If you look at the S characters you'll see that they're both different. That would be unusual for a pre-set font?
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Aha, I didn't think of comparing both letters 'S'. Duh. Nice catch.

You're right, that pretty much means it's custom-made. :(
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • I like the fact they're having to set everything with that bit more effort. Custom rather than off-the-shelf.

Shows the attention to detail they're taking this time.
  • If you rewatch the trailer, it's handwritten text. It could be easy to recreate though, it's a little like the Madonna handwriting font in caps.
  • I like the fact they're having to set everything with that bit more effort. Custom rather than off-the-shelf.

Shows the attention to detail they're taking this time.

Exactly! If it's not personal within lyrics this time, it is definitely dedication-wise in a visual, creative way... if that makes any sense to you at all.
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2013-06-11 17:48:06
    Be patient.
  • The handwriting, or the labels on the site?

The sans-serif on the site looks like Sofia Pro ...
  • waltermr said:

The handwriting, or the labels on the site?

The sans-serif on the site looks like Sofia Pro ...

Yeah, I figured out the Sofia Pro font used throughout the website. It's the artwork that I'm curious about. :)
  • Would someone be kind enough to help me find a similar font? Pretty please. :D
  • Alan said:

Would someone be kind enough to help me find a similar font? Pretty please. :D

There were some similar-ish ones when I was searching. I'll go and get some names.....
  • Thanks a lot, Andrew! The best I could find is a free one that I've used on the jukebox: http://goldfrappjukebox.com
  • The problem is that many fonts have some letters spot on and others totally different due to the custom nature. So frustrating, as I think we've both found already!

Take "AJ Hand":

Ratate a few a bit and so close....but not close enough....or free enough.

The GFY family has moments....

http://www.linotype.com/search/gfy#d0a7c3b24e04dedce3dec93a516a139b

Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-06-13 17:19:56
  • Cheers. I'll keep searching. Will share if I find anything. :)
  • It looks to me like the lettering is original hand-writing rather than a conventional font. Very arty and personal if I'm right.

• What do you think of this font? http://goldfrappjukebox.com
  • Not even close.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!