Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
So..? Catch me up? We're getting new vids in 2014?
  • 42 Comments sorted by
  • Well no, not really a big FU to anyone. I wanted them as source material for a fanmade video, not for distribution or piracy. We are all free to make remixes of our favourite music. I guess my attempt at discretion was a bit off key. Never mind :-)

• thank you iuventus....

• I got yo' back, baby.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • The video for Drew was (is?) viewable on the main Goldfrapp site.  I haven't seen any of the others.
  • All 5 of the videos will be released in cinemas as some kind of movie. i think the band are planning to have some kind of premiere where they will play live along side a screening of the videos. i think so anyway???

i have a feeling once the video's are screened we'll get a proper release of all 5. kind of bummed video's weren't made for the other songs.
  • It's just all been a bit of a jumble I think. I think the end of Jan was touted for the "film", with some people seeing trailers for it in some showcase cinemas. It just seems to have lost it's momentum a tad I think, which is a shame. Surely releasing a video each month would have been better plan almost.

Hope it does get released....
  • What a mess.  Anyway, what's the name of the idiotic production company?  My company's division is putting some RFPs out to production companies in the UK in the Spring.  Would be good to know who to avoid.  
  • NOWNESS is a website that promotes culture. They just premiered the annabel film, i don't think they're anything to do with the production at all.
  • What a mess.  Anyway, what's the name of the idiotic production company?  My company's division is putting some RFPs out to production companies in the UK in the Spring.  Would be good to know who to avoid.  

I don't know if it is a mess at all really, it could be happening exactly as planned. The thing is we don't know the plan! A lot of whats been said about the films by folk on here is just guess work and assumption. Nothing so far has been said officially at all. All we know is that there are five films made, Alison said in a radio interview that the cinema thing would happen some time after new year. She didn't give any more precise date than 'sometime after new year' so that doesn't really tell us much. So y'know I'm just saying, don't write a whole company off when maybe they're doing exactly what they're supposed to, we just don't know!?
  • ping said:

I don't know if it is a mess at all really, it could be happening exactly as planned. The thing is we don't know the plan! A lot of whats been said about the films by folk on here is just guess work and assumption. Nothing so far has been said officially at all. All we know is that there are five films made, Alison said in a radio interview that the cinema thing would happen some time after new year. She didn't give any more precise date than 'sometime after new year' so that doesn't really tell us much. So y'know I'm just saying, don't write a whole company off when maybe they're doing exactly what they're supposed to, we just don't know!?

How right you are. People seem so impatient these days. In fact, I feel downright impatient with how impatient people have become. Alison said 'sometime after new year', not 'shortly after new year'. In my book, even 'shortly after new year' would give them another couple of months or so. 'Sometime after new year' gives them from now until the end of the universe. It really doesn't tell us much.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-01-07 07:46:17
  • That last post is displaying really oddly.  Ping's comment has no blue box, isn't attributed to Ping, and is merely indented.  A previous comment I didn't mean to quote has the blue box.
  • Pet said:

People seem so impatient these days.  In fact, I feel downright impatient with how impatient people have become.

Yep Peter, I find the moaning and whining much more annoying than anything else.
  • ping said:

Pet said:

Yep Peter, I find the moaning and whining much more annoying than anything else.

Yes, it is annoying.  It all seems to be about instant gratification these days.  If there's a new album, people expect to download it (I understand that word) or stream it (I don't know what that is) immediately.

When I was young, an album was a chunk of vinyl costing thirty-one and three ha'pence.  That translates into decimal money as a diddly-squonk more than £1.51, which doesn't sound like much money.  But my first proper job brought me in about £30 a month, a big chunk of which went to my mum for my keep, then there was my monthly bus season ticket to buy, and my lunches, clothes... and, well, when a new album came out, I probably needed to wait until the end of the month to buy it... and (of course) I couldn't afford a new album every month.  So, there was a lot waiting to hear music.  And, I think, that was basically a good thing.

if you mean the company that leaked the videos it's called Absolut Post but i think it was a misunderstanding, they're pretty good and there is a thank to them too on the cd credits
    Post edited by giulys at 2014-01-07 08:40:07

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!