Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • The sister thread to the Album of the year , nominate JUST 1 track , its not a list/showing off pretentious name dropping thread , as that`s basically been this years posts on "What are you listening to ?" thread . If you post more than one its basically a mix cd you`ve posted . 

Track of the Year Club rules -

1. Nominate your ONE favourite track of the year
    2. Yes , I know you might change your mind after you have a cup of coffee and have your morning dump , apparently theres a button called "Edit"
    3. No drama queening of "ooooh how can one only decide on one track , its a travesty of justice"  - its not Downton Fucking Abbey and you`re not the Queen
    4. Rather like the egg and spoon race when you were at school sports day and you lost to the ginger kid with glasses , there can be only one winner not two , rather like a shitter version of Highlander (if that were possible)  
    5. Devation from this and the thread will be renamed "Come Look At The Thick Twat(s) Who Can`t Read" thread 
    6. Sorry for the rules , if we didn`t have them we`d be like Russia and I`d cut your gas off and send your hamster to a gulag .

"Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • 19 Comments sorted by
  • Kill Paris - Falling In Love Again ft. Marty Rod And Alma 

Two Door Cinema Club - Heartbroken (Amtrac Remix)
    Wicked Games - Until The Ribbon Breaks remix
    ....fucksticks 
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-12-21 06:21:16
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • John Grant, "GMF"

If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Sartori said:

3. No drama queening of "ooooh how can one only decide on one track , its a travesty of justice"  - its not Downton Fucking Abbey and you`re not the Queen

But I AM the Queen - Mondays 2.30am - 2.55am, Thursdays around 11 (depending on what state Nigella is in), alternate Saturdays in leap years. Can I still be in the club?
    Post edited by whisperit at 2013-12-21 08:25:30
  • VV Brown - The Apple 
    (Paco Rabanne XS Fragrance video version: song is the same.)

Post edited by Stranger at 2013-12-21 08:43:50
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • whisperit said:

Sartori said:

But I AM the Queen - Mondays 2.30am - 2.55am, Thursdays around 11 (depending on what state Nigella is in), alternate Saturdays in leap years. Can I still be in the club?

As long as you don`t pick "God Save The Queen Me" as your track 
  • Kate Boy - The Way We Are

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Dreeke said:

Kate Boy - The Way We Are

That is actually a really good contender for track of the year as well!
    I hope the album will deliver. If it is as strong as this track is I am in.
    I didn't think the opening single (Nothern Lights incl. b-side) was that good.
    Reminds me of Niki & The Dove in a way.
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-12-21 09:49:30
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Im quite liking that Kate Boy track (in the absence of the Knife pulling their finger out).

Its hard to choose one track. this one is there for me when I feel shit. I feel extensively shit right now. Fuck you world.

Mines NYPC Overtime. 
    Its not on youtube. Well at least I don't have to watch an advert. 

• Stranger said:

Dreeke said:

Kate Boy - The Way We Are

That is actually a really good contender for track of the year as well!
    I hope the album will deliver. If it is as strong as this track is I am in.
    I didn't think the opening single (Nothern Lights incl. b-side) was that good.
    Reminds me of Niki & The Dove in a way.

Have you seen them live?

I thought they were awesome live.
    Knowing they only met about a year before the gig I saw, it kind of blew me away how good they were.
    Looking forward to seeing them again at Eurosonic!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Can I nominate something old please? It was written in 1909, but in my house, it's definitely been piece of the year.

In this clip, I look uncannily like Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli

Debussy Les sons....

• Dreeke said:

Have you seen them live?

I thought they were awesome live.
    Knowing they only met about a year before the gig I saw, it kind of blew me away how good they were.
    Looking forward to seeing them again at Eurosonic!

Nope. Unfortunately not. I only have three songs to judge them by. One of which is fantastic (your nomination for track of the year) and two of which were mediocre at best but are almost a year old.
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-12-21 17:57:04
  • 'Laurel' - Goldfrapp

This was the song that had the biggest impact on me at the first of the Albert Hall gigs and it's not lost the power to move me or fire the imagination, since. I can't wait to see what Alison and Lisa have produced by way of a film for it.

There's no need for me to add a link here, is there? :)
  • Annabel for me. I just love it. Live too- AMAZING. Makes me emotional. In a good way.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Has to be LONDON GRAMMAR - Wasting My Young Years for me. 

However Kate Boy would be very close to that, indeed. 
    Be patient.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!