Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
DELUXE BOX - Updates & information
  • 1010 Comments sorted by
  • I hope the first 200 supposedly dispatched overseas aren't all signed ones. I really do hope they stick to the first 500 who purchased get the signed ones.
  • Just received an email notice from my doorman that a package delivered by Crossflight arrived this afternoon!
  • I had a direct message from Alison on Twitter earlier apologising about the delay and saying it was out of her control. My husband thought I was having a fit I was shrieking so loud with excitement....

So she is aware of our pain and hopefully we won't have to wait much longer :-S

Btw I wasn't implying that they were responsible for the delay she just responded to a tweet where I said I had to stop checking my emails for box set updates!
    Post edited by LittleBird at 2013-12-17 01:44:39
  • I'm speechless. I'm far away in Canada, and am holding the deluxe box in my hands. Number 99 of the 500 first printed. I've been shaking for twenty minutes. Burst into tears when I took off the box lid and the first thing that greeted me was the signed print (Alison on right side, Will on left) and mintage number. I've just imported the bonus cd onto iTunes and oh my god, just breathtaking, the Moog Stranger Remix, Nowhere Boy Extract and Lee in particular. The Thea remix I could do without, but regardless it is a fun inclusion. It's basically Sa Ding-Ding singing over the original track.

Lee is definitely a new Goldfrapp B-side gem. People, archive this one, it goes up there with Gone To Earth and White Soft Rope. A flawless piano tickled orgasm of honey drenched velveteen nirvana. 

The book is truly exceptional, while some pages merely quote a single line of lyrics, the images of Alison from the photo shoots are positively divine, and Will even gets in on it!

Everything is beautifully packaged and meticulously detailed, you can tell Alison and Will had the creative process of the box to themselves. And THERE IS A BIG STICKER INCLUDED ON THE BOX FOR YOU FANATICS. Methinks she's been poking around the forum ;)

A breathtaking addition to my Goldfrapp collection, and the autographed print will always be cherished. It's like having Alison and Will beside me, encouraging me to be creative, shameless and proud of my life. 

And Alison, if you're reading this, bless you and Will. Have a wonderful Christmas, and don't stop doing what you believe is right. Because it is the way things should be. I Love you both eternally, and hope someday, perhaps, we can meet over a cup of tea here in Canada. Stay healthy and happy. Proud of you both so much.
  • A disgruntled Sandbag "customer"
  • I would for the second time reiterate : no one blames Al and Will for the delays, best plans of mice and deers etc......the lack of communication is the bugbear and that is at Sandbags feet.
    Congratulations to receivees.
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Received mine today as well - number 158.
    Entire package is stunning…a few photos…

• I want to hear Lee. :(
  • Lee is dreamy…very atmospheric, filtered vocals, lovely piano, a hint of underlying darkness/danger…very much in the realm of ToU.
    Also loving the Stranger - Moog Remix…much starker, menacing, shades of Oompa Radar.
  • Slippage said:

I'm speechless. I'm far away in Canada, and am holding the deluxe box in my hands. Number 99 of the 500 first printed. I've been shaking for twenty minutes. Burst into tears when I took off the box lid and the first thing that greeted me was the signed print (Alison on right side, Will on left) and mintage number. I've just imported the bonus cd onto iTunes and oh my god, just breathtaking, the Moog Stranger Remix, Nowhere Boy Extract and Lee in particular. The Thea remix I could do without, but regardless it is a fun inclusion. It's basically Sa Ding-Ding singing over the original track.

Lee is definitely a new Goldfrapp B-side gem. People, archive this one, it goes up there with Gone To Earth and White Soft Rope. A flawless piano tickled orgasm of honey drenched velveteen nirvana. 

The book is truly exceptional, while some pages merely quote a single line of lyrics, the images of Alison from the photo shoots are positively divine, and Will even gets in on it!

Everything is beautifully packaged and meticulously detailed, you can tell Alison and Will had the creative process of the box to themselves. And THERE IS A BIG STICKER INCLUDED ON THE BOX FOR YOU FANATICS. Methinks she's been poking around the forum ;)

A breathtaking addition to my Goldfrapp collection, and the autographed print will always be cherished. It's like having Alison and Will beside me, encouraging me to be creative, shameless and proud of my life. 

And Alison, if you're reading this, bless you and Will. Have a wonderful Christmas, and don't stop doing what you believe is right. Because it is the way things should be. I Love you both eternally, and hope someday, perhaps, we can meet over a cup of tea here in Canada. Stay healthy and happy. Proud of you both so much.

Out of intrest what did your order number end in?
  • Shen_Deer said:

Slippage said:

Out of intrest what did your order number end in?

440. But from what I gathered back when we ordered the set, the order number wasn't reflected on the order in which people.... ordered. Confusing, yes, but it all seems a bit scrambled. I messaged sandbag, and they said the first 500 people who ordered definitely get the autographed prints, though. So there seems to be some method to this madness.
  • there was an unexpected package for me today but i wasn't there to sign for it so i have to wait

kill me
  • GOT MINE TODAY IN NYC....ITS WATING TO BE OPENED IN THE DINING ROOM....GOT HOME FROM WORK, SHOWERED, ATE DINNER, IM GOING TO GET IT NOW, BYE.
  • they are shipping the boxes without sending an email confirmation?
  • :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
    Post edited by Jo_ey at 2013-12-16 23:30:00

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!