Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Stranger ... the Digitec remix !
  • As much as i love the original... this is one GOOD remix !.

Cheers.
    Post edited by react010 at 2014-01-30 21:02:17
  • 18 Comments sorted by
  • those half whispers.. sexy
  • That is good,
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND

• cw36frapp said:

That is good - if you want a spectacularly lazy example of how to turn a piece of creative mood music into generic electro pap.

Fixed that for you, cw
    Post edited by whisperit at 2013-11-24 05:33:45
  • Doesn't do a hell of a lot for me really, I take it this is more tribute than any kind of official remix?
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline

• (:|
    Yaaaawwwnnnnnnnn

Sorry, I almost never like remixes. Including this one. Unbelievable how someone can turn a song that has a strong and surprising character into something so... predictable and mainstream.
    Post edited by Jeronimooo at 2013-11-24 11:53:19
  • It's a very perky beat for a dreamy song. Not a bad effort but why does everything have to be so...Jive Bunny? Saying that, though, Tales of Us is notoriously difficult to remix. I wasted a lot of time failing to remix Drew.

• whisperit said:

cw36frapp said:

That is good - if you want a spectacularly lazy example of how to turn a piece of creative mood music into generic electro pap.

Fixed that for you, cw

i only posted= THAT IS GOOD. Where did the rest come from ?????>
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • ^ You devil you >:)
  • I knew there was something going on.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • As an experiment on adding beats to Annabel it suceeds (albeit uninspired ones), but it loses the songs mood and therefore its mojo due to just using `Beats` to pursue a remix , change the beats to ones that don`t sound generic , add some string or pad sections and a rewritten or adapted hook line from the vocals and it might have worked or been another bucket of cat poo .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I like some of the remixed Goldfrapp stuff a lot actually,  but I don't think Tales Of Us is an album that lends itself well to remixes at all really.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • I failed to remix Some People (one day I'll post a snippet) too. But my version of Drew might be used to gain confessions from the innocent. I think the pros who successfully reinterpret Goldfrapp must be almost as talented as Al and Will.

• Well sorry peeps who don't like this remix.. i Love it !.
    The original version is The Best (i know)... but for the people that would have liked a nice Dance track on this album, this Mix is the one !.
    It reminds me of the 'Everything But The Girl - Missing' Remix ... that's all there is too it really, just a good beat to a Great track !.

Cheers.

Post edited by react010 at 2013-11-26 00:14:41

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!